- After receiving a bomb threat by phone or in writing, call
911 (or #3333 if using a cell phone) and relay the information
about the call or the written material. (This specific information will help the
911 operator assess the risk factor.)
- If it seems to be an immediate threat, the 911 operator
will advise to evacuate immediately. If evacuating the building, floor and unit
marshals should follow building evacuation procedures.
- Alert the Dean's Office at 5-9128 and the
Public Services Office at 5-9251 or use the
numbers if during evenings or weekends.
- If the building is not immediately evacuated, it is the University Police's
practice to send officers who will give management options if that is viable
(evacuation, notifying patrons if staying open, etc.).
- If the officers decide to evacuate the building or to notify library users
of the threat, library staff may be asked to help.