- If there is a building takeover, e.g. demonstration, sit-in, protest march,
etc. call UMPD at 911 (or #3333 if using a
- Give the UMPD as much information as possible:
a. where the disturbance is happening
b. whether there is immediate danger?
c. an indication of number of people involved
- Notify the Dean's Office at 5-9128 and the
Public Services Office at 5-9251 or follow the
telephone tree if during evenings and weekends.
- Do not attempt to confront those involved in the building takeover.
- Remove any patrons from area if possible.
- Stay calm and wait for police to arrive.
- Record incident in Log Book.