Today: McKeldin Open 24 Hours. Campus ID Required 11pm-8am

Building Takeovers 

  1. If there is a building takeover, e.g. demonstration, sit-in, protest march, etc. call UMPD at 911 (or #3333 if using a cell phone).
  2. Give the UMPD as much information as possible: 
    a. where the disturbance is happening
    b. whether there is immediate danger?
    c. an indication of number of people involved
  3. Notify the Dean's Office at 5-9128 and the Public Services Office at 5-9251 or follow the emergency telephone tree if during evenings and weekends. 
  4. Do not attempt to confront those involved in the building takeover.
  5. Remove any patrons from area if possible. 
  6. Stay calm and wait for police to arrive. 
  7. Record incident in Log Book.