- If a staff member is aware that a patron or staff member is trapped in the
elevator, try to ascertain what floor the person is on.
- Try to communicate with those in the elevator and tell them to stay calm.
Tell them to use the push button phone in the elevator that will connect them
directly with Work Control. Tell them not to pry the doors open or to try to
leave the elevator.
- Call Work Control at x5-2222 to make sure
the call from the elevator went through. Stay by the elevator or assign someone
to do this and talk with the person trapped in the elevator.
- Call UMPD at x5-3555 and follow their
instructions. If UMPD is coming to the library, meet them at an agreed upon
location to direct them to the problem.
- Report incident in the Log Book.