Sexual And Other Assaults
- Take the victim (whether staff member or patron) to a private or quiet area if he/she is not already in a private or quiet area.
- Secure the site of the alleged assault and keep other people away from it.
- Call the UMPD at 911 (or #3333 if using a cell phone)and follow their instructions. Stay with the victim until UMPD arrives. Assign a staff member to meet the UMPD to direct police to the area where victim is waiting.
- Be aware of the possibilities of shock. Keep the victim warm and quiet.
- Notify the Public Services Office at 5-9251 as soon as time allows.
- Record incident in the Log Book.
Note: The Public Services office is responsible for sending e-mail and alerting staff to incidents.