Toxic fumes may or may not be odorless
and if you or others in your area are experiencing symptoms of illness (e.g.
headaches, nausea, burning sensation in the eyes, or difficulty breathing), call
- If you notice an unusual odor or experience any symptoms such as those
listed above, notify UMPD at 911 (or #3333 if
using a cell phone) and Environmental Safety at
- Floor or unit marshal should evacuate the immediate area and help those who
have become overcome by the fumes. Be careful.
- Block off the area and do not permit anyone into the area.
- If instructed by police or administration, evacuate the entire building.
- Notify the Dean's Office at 5-9128 and the
Public Services Office at 5-9251 or follow the
telephone tree if during evenings and weekends.
- Record incident in the Log Book.