A Research Affiliate is a person who is given library access based on a formal Memo of Understanding between the university and a non-university agency or organization.
- ID Required: UMD Affiliate ID
- Loan Period: Up to one year
- Renewals Allowed: Unlimited
- Maximum Loans: Unlimited
- Equipment Loan: Available
- Interlibrary Loan: Available
- USMAI Privileges: N/A
- UBorrow: Available
- Scan & Deliver: Available
- Book Paging: N/A
- Remote Access to Databases: Available
- Late Night Study: N/A
Loans are due in February, May or August (Exception: Shady Grove circulates materials for 180 days).
UMD Research Affiliates may borrow UMD materials and may request items from off-site storage. Materials from USMAI cannot be borrowed directly, but may be requested through Interlibrary Loan.