Adding Course Reserves to ELMS
To Add Course Reserves in ELMS:
1. Login to ELMS: www.elms.umd.edu
2. Hover the mouse over the "Courses" tab and select your course from the drop down menu.
3. Select the "Settings" tab from the left navigation menu.
4. Select the "Navigation" tab on the page that loads.
5. A list of available tab options will appear. The first list of tabs is currently activated in the left navigation menu for your course. To add a "Course Reserves" tab to the existing left navigation menu, click and drag the greyed out "Course Reserves" tab that is in the second list of optional (". . .hide from students") tabs. Once you have the desired order of left navigation tabs, SAVE THE CHANGES by selecting the "Save" button below the tab options.
6. Once you have saved the changes to the menu, the "Course Reserves" tab will appear.
IMPORTANT LAST STEP: Before you can begin adding material to course reserves, you must open the "Course Reserves" tab, then select the semester from the drop down menu that appears on the subsequent page. Once the correct semester is selected, click the "Create Course" button to finish the process.
If the "Course Reserves" button appears in the left navigation menu, you've successfully added Course Reserves access to your course. Please check all of your courses to ensure that the button appears in the navigation.
Now that the course has been created, you may begin adding material by entering the Course Reserves module, selecting Add Reserves Items, choosing the type of material you'd like to add (e-reserve, book, CD, DVD etc.) and submitting the form with as much information as possible.
To learn more about the Course Reserve system, please view our Information for Instructors or contact Reserves Staff.