Adding Course Reserves to Canvas
To Add Course Reserves in ELMS (Canvas):
1. Create a Module -
- Log into ELMS (Canvas)
- Hover the mouse over the "Courses" tab and select your course from the drop down menu
- Select the "Modules" tab on the left navigation menu
- Click on the "Create a Module" button on the right side of the screen.
- Enter "Libraries" as the name of the module, and select "Add Module" button
- The "Libraries" module will display at the bottom of your "Course Modules" list. If you would like to change the order of the modules in your "Course Modules" list - Hover the mouse over the arrow on the left of the module title (it will prompt you to click and drag the module) and reorganize the modules to the desired order
2. Add "Course Reserves" to the "Libraries" module -
- Click the tools button on the right of the newly created "Libraries" module. A drop down menu will appear. Select " + Add Content".
- Select "External Tool" from the drop down box in the in the pop up that appears
- The pop up will then provide a list of items. Select "Course Reserves" from the list, and then "Add item". You may have to select and drag the pop up to find "Course Reserves" at the bottom of the list. "Course Reserves" will appear under the "Libraries" heading
- Select the "Course Reserves" module/link you just created. *You must complete the 2 susequent steps for the course to be visible to students and library staff who can assist you with Course Reserve problems and questions.
- Select the semester you would like to add/remove items from the drop down menu *Note: Do not select "Current Semester" unless the semester is already underway. Click "Create Course" button.
- On the subsequent page add reserves items in the same fashion you added course reserves as before. Please see our Training Handout for instructions on using the Course Reserves system.