Joint UM Faculty/UM Graduate Assistant Card
The joint UM Faculty/Graduate Assistant Card allows graduate assistants to borrow materials for faculty members at all University of Maryland Libraries. The card is issued in addition to the main UM identification card; it does not substitute for it
In applying for this card, the faculty member assumes full responsibility for all materials borrowed. Any fees associated with the use of this card, including those for lost, damaged, and overdue recalled items, are the responsibility of the faculty member.
Faculty member and graduate assistant agree that:
- Graduate assistant is enrolled for the semester for which the card is issued
- Materials checked out on the card are for the use of the faculty member only
- Card is not transferable to any other graduate assistant
- Materials will be renewed or returned on or before the due date
- Recalled books will be returned immediately for use by other patrons
- Lost materials will be promptly paid for or replaced
- Change of addresses will be reported immediately to the McKeldin Library Services Desk
- A lost card will be reported immediately to the McKeldin Library Services Desk. Both faculty member and graduate assistant must be present to receive a replacement. There is no charge for the first replacement. Subsequent lost cards will be replaced for a fee of $10 each
How to Apply
Joint Cards are issued at the McKeldin Library Services Desk, Monday-Friday, 9:00am - 4:00pm. Both the faculty member and the graduate assistant must appear together, with their UM identification cards when applying for the card. An appointment is recommended in order to expedite the process--call (301) 405-9091 to make an appointment or for more information.
Cards expire at the end of each semester, and may be renewed each fall and spring. The graduate assistant may bring a letter on university letterhead from the faculty member asking for renewal of the card.