Special Borrowing Rules for UMD Faculty and Staff
All general policies for
borrowing apply with the exception of the
- Faculty may borrow noncirculating or restricted library materials
in some cases.
Special permission is required from the library where the
material is located. Simply take the desired item to the information desk and
ask to speak to the librarian on duty. The fine rules for reserve room materials
apply when the item is returned after the specified due date.
- Faculty and staff have loan periods up to a year.
The exception is material borrowed from the White Memorial
(Chemistry) Library and Shady Grove that have a shorter loan period. Materials
from other USMAI Libraries may have different
- Faculty assistants may borrow materials for use by faculty.
College Park faculty may loan their ID card to a graduate
assistant to borrow library materials. They may also contact the McKeldin
Circulation Desk and arrange for a Joint UMD Faculty/UMD
Graduate Assistant Card to be issued to the assistant. Faculty are
responsible for all materials borrowed and charges associated with this card.
- Faculty and staff are assessed fines on the following library
- Regular circulating UMD Libraries items
returned after 31 days overdue
- Overdue recalled items
- Damaged items
- Overdue items from other USMAI
- Overdue reserve loans
- Overdue special permission loans
- Faculty may request items to be delivered to their department
Delivery option in the catalog.
Items will be delivered to the Faculty's campus address with a 20742
zip code. Check or update current address by following