How to Place an ILL Request
Before placing an ILL request:
1. Check the Catalog to make sure that the University System of Maryland and Affiliated Institutions (USMAI) does not already own a copy of what you are requesting. ILL staff will cancel a request if they determine that you can obtain the material yourself from a USMAI library.
- If you find the material you are looking for in the catalog and it is listed as circulating, click on the "Request It" button within the catalog record if you cannot or do not want to get it from the stacks yourself.* *See: How to request material that is only available at another campus library.
- If the material you are looking for is not in the catalog, check UBorrow for available, requestable copies.
- When USMAI and UBorrow do not have copies available, place an ILL request using the ILL Instructions.
2. For journals, fill in as much of the information as you can using the Full Text Finder to determine if the full text is available electronically. You should also be sure to check the title in the UMCP Catalog to verify that the specific volume is not held at College Park.