The University of Maryland Libraries course reserves system is accessible through the University's ELMS course management system. Benefits of the system include:
- Integration with ELMS, allowing "one stop shopping" for all course materials Faculty: To learn how to load course reserves to ELMS (Canvas), please view our instructions.
- ELMS authentication, eliminating the need for course-specific passwords
- Online tracking of requests, allowing faculty to monitor the status of reserve items and receive email alerts when new items are available
- Optional direct faculty file uploads (pending a brief copyright review by reserves staff) for faster turnaround times
- Student access to all course reserves in one location
To learn more about the system, contact your library branch's Reserves Staff with questions.
Introducing the Top 50 Textbook Reserves Program
The Libraries are pleased to announce the new Top 50 Textbook Reserves Program. We worked with the Registrar to identify the largest courses (by seats) on campus. We purchased one copy of each required textbook for these courses and are providing them to students as part of our Course Reserves service. Students can ask for the books at the Library Services Desk in McKeldin Library. Like most book reserves, they can be checked out for two hours at a time.
Please check the textbook reserves list to see if your courses and books are included! We’re already working on the list for next semester, so let us know at email@example.com if you have any questions, suggestions, or comments. Thanks!
Occasionally, browsers or the software that powers ELMS will update and present compatibility issues. If you experience issues with accessing Course Reserves, please try another browser and let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org