OCLC Reciprocal Faculty Borrowing Program
The OCLC Reciprocal Faculty Borrowing Program allows researchers on-site access to collections and borrowing privileges at member institutions in North America. For University of Maryland faculty, that means the ability to access more materials when not at home. For visiting faculty, access to UMD's extensive holdings.
For UMD Faculty
Current, full-time UMCP faculty members can request a Reciprocal Faculty Borrowing card from the Interlibrary Loan office in McKeldin Library. Requests must be made in person, and requestors must present a current UMD Faculty ID to be eligible.
- Provide current UMD Faculty ID to the Library Services Desk at McKeldin Library for verification of status and library account
- You will be issued a Reciprocal Faculty Borrowers card for the institution(s) you specify that are part of the program. If you are uncertain if the library is a member, check the list of member institutions.
- Please be aware that privileges vary from institution to institution. Materials may be used on the premises of the owning library or may be borrowed, depending on the policies of the lending library. Faculty members intending to visit a participating library may want to check in advance for any limitations and relevant policies and practices of the prospective lending library.
For Visiting Faculty
- Obtain a Reciprocal Faculty Borrowers card from your home institution.
- Fill out the Community Borrowers & Researchers Application. Select "OCLC Reciprocal Borrower" from the Affiliation drop down menu.
- Bring the card as well as a current government issued photo ID to the Library Services Desk at McKeldin library.
- Reciprocal Borrowers to UMD are eligible for Community Borrower privileges.
Please contact the Interlibrary Loan Office in McKeldin Library at 301-405-9178 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.