Hourly Student Positions
Undergraduate Student Assistant Job Description
Under direct supervision, the student performs routine repetitive clerical and/or non-complex library duties using manual and automated library systems.
- Charges and discharges circulating library materials on automated systems.
- Secures materials with sensitizing equipment.
- Answers inquiries regarding basic circulation policies such as loan periods, fines, recalls, claims, holds, shelving and borrowing.
- Sorts and shelves materials; shelf-reads and maintains folios and stacks.
- Searches and retrieves materials from library shelves.
- Searches manual and automated files to verify holdings or bibliographic information.
- Provides library users with information and directional assistance in retrieving material from library shelves.
- Verifies shipment contents as they come in; prepares shipments of material going out.
- Other duties as assigned.
No experience is required. The applicant must be a current student in good academic standing.