Travel by Metro
The University of Maryland is served by the Green Line of the Washington Metrorail. The Green Line is connected to all other Metro lines in Washington, DC (Gallery Place, L'Enfant Plaza and Fort Totten are the main transfer points).
- Take the Green Line toward Greenbelt and exit at College Park-UMD.
- Exit the Metro station to the left and walk up the stairs to the bus waiting area.
- The University provides free shuttle bus service to the center of campus (no student ID required for Metro shuttle). Take Route 104 (College Park Metro) to the last stop across from the Stamp Student Union.
- Walk up the hill on Campus Drive. Follow the street as it curves left past the turtle planter. At the next split in the road, Campus Drive turns sharply to the right. Follow Campus Drive to the right.
- After the turn, the Architecture Building is on the left. Take the pedestrian bridge across to the second-floor entrance.
- Once inside, walk straight ahead above the Great Space. The Library is the second entry to the left.