Equipment for Loan
The following devices are available for loan at the Chemistry Library Circulation Desk:
Equipment and Accessories
- Laptops: MacBook Air
- Chargers and extension cords: For laptops
- Calculators: TI-84 Plus Texas Instrument
- Flash drives
- Equipment can be checked out to currently enrolled UMD students only. These devices are brought to you by the UMD Library Technology Fee.
- A Borrowers Agreement must be completed and signed the first time you check out a device and remains in effect for the remainder of the semester.
- A valid UMD student ID is required to check out equipment.
- The loan period for the equipment is 4 hours. However, if the equipment is due after the circulation desk closes, it must be returned at least 30 minutes before the circulation desk closes.
- Equipment must be directly returned to a library staff member at the EPSL circulation desk. Equipment should not be returned in any book drop.
- Equipment is available on a first come, first served basis. It can be renewed one time at the circulation desk if others are not waiting for the equipment.
- The Library reserves the right to refuse service to anyone who abuses equipment or is repeatedly or extremely late in returning equipment.
Late and Replacement Fees
- Laptops: $5/hour with a maximum fine of $100
- Accessories (e.g., Calculators): 50 cents/hour with maximum of $10
- Laptops: $1,900
- Accessories: minimum $30
- Please check the UMD Libraries Borrower Responsibilities guidelines.