The collections of the University Libraries encompass a variety of formats and languages, including books, journals, newspapers, manuscripts, audio-visual materials, and electronic resources. Collection Managers with designated subject responsibilities select these materials to provide direct support for the instructional and research programs of the University.
The University Libraries welcome suggestions and recommendations for new library materials. Please complete the form below to request an addition to the general collection. There is a separate form to suggest audio-visual materials.
Before you begin:
- Please check the online catalog to verify that the Libraries do not own the item yet.
- Suggestions from UM faculty, students and staff are given the highest priority.
- If you have a list of titles you wish to request, please consider contacting the Librarian responsible for selecting materials for the subject area. The Directory of Subject Specialists lists Librarians with their selection areas.
- You can request an Interlibrary Loan of materials that the Libraries do not own. Materials borrowed in this way are usually available within a matter of weeks.
- Subject selectors make the final purchase decisions. Factors that affect the decision include relevance to the curriculum and budgetary constraints.