- Description: A full text collection of over 350,000 works of poetry, drama, and prose written in the English language from the 8th century to the present with complementary criticism and reference resources. Includes English poetry from the 8th century to the present, American, African-American and Canadian poetry from 1603 to the present, The Faber Poetry Library, English fiction from the sixteenth to the nineteenth century, American fiction from 1789-1875, non-fictional literary prose in English from the 16th to the early 20th centuries, English drama from 1280 to 1915, and American drama from 1762 to 1860. Criticism and reference works include the MHRA's Annual Bibliography of English Language and Literature with links to the complete full text of over 100 literature journals, The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Literary Terms, The Encyclopedia of Post-Colonial Literatures in English, the Columbia Dictionary of Modern Literary and Cultural Criticism, the Encyclopedia of American Poetry: The Nineteenth Century, the Encyclopedia of the Novel, the New Princeton Encyclopedia of Poetry and Poetics, The Columbia Companion to the Twentieth-Century American Short Story, The Columbia Dictionary of Modern European Literature, the King James Bible, links to other Web resources, bibliographies for over 1,380 authors, and biographies for nearly 2,000 of the most-studied authors.
- Host URL: http://lion.chadwyck.com/
- African American Studies/All
- Literature/English: Literary Works/Primary Sources
- Literature/All databases
- Vendor: Chadwyck-Healey (ProQuest Company)
- Coverage: Works of English and American literature, literary criticism and biographies.
- Time Span:
8th century to the present.
Terms and Conditions
Only 25 simultaneous users allowed.