Database by Subject Category: See Research Port, College Park only
- Description: Database of full-text African-American plays written from the mid-1800s to the present by playwrights from North America, English-speaking Africa, the Caribbean, and other African diaspora countries. Includes extensive indexing, production and performance information, images and more.When complete, Black Drama will contain the full text of 1,200 plays. Many of the works are rare, hard-to-find, or out of print. Nearly a quarter of the collection will consist of previously unpublished plays by writers such as Langston Hughes, Ed Bullins, Willis Richardson, Femi Euba, Amiri Baraka, Randolph Edmonds, Zora Neale Hurston, and many others.Each play is extensively and deeply indexed, allowing both keyword and multi-fielded searching. The plays are accompanied by reference materials, significant ancillary information, a rich performance database, and images
- Host URL: http://solomon.bldr.alexanderstreet.com/
- Vendor: Alexander Street Press
- Coverage: Covers African-American drama. Useful for production information and theatre history.
- Time Span: 1850 to the present.
- Restrictions: Terms and Conditions