- Description: A current bibliography of articles about women's and gender history. Articles selected from 160 European, American, Canadian, Asian, Australian and New Zealand journals. The bibliography was started in 1990 by Els Kloek as a special project at the History Department of the University of Utrecht, the Netherlands. Since 1995 the project has been continued by the International Institute of Social History (www.iisg.nl).
- Host URL: http://www2.iisg.nl/viva/
- Germanic Studies/All
- Literature/Germanic Literature
- Literature/All databases
- Women's Studies/ALL
- Vendor: International Institute of Social History
- Coverage: The compilation consists of articles on women and gender from historical journals and history from women's studies journals. All substantial articles and review essays about women and gender in history are listed in the bibliography. Related topics such as prostitution, witchcraft, housework, sexuality, birth control, infanticide, the family, gynaecology, and masculinity are also included. Emphasis on Modern and Early Modern history