- Description: Founded in 1906, in response to the Kishinev pogroms in Russia, the American Jewish Committee soon became a leader in combating bigotry and extremism, promoting civil rights and interreligious understanding, advocating for Jewish security worldwide, and defending the State of Israel. The Archive offers a rich, varied, and extensive collection of materials in print, on film, and tape, and The American Jewish Year Book, 1899-2005.
- Host URL: http://www.ajcarchives.org/main.php
- Jewish Studies/Primary Materials
- Jewish Studies/All databases
- Coverage: Turn-of-the-century pogroms; Henry Ford’s anti-Semitic propaganda campaign; World War II pro-democracy radio campaigns; the struggle for civil rights; Israel advocacy; Vatican II and Catholic-Jewish relations; the movement to free Soviet Jewry; the current battle against terrorism and Islamic extremism - examine all these topics and many more.
- Time Span:
1906 to present