- Description: The collection includes Soviet film magazines and newspapers from the 1920s and 1930s, reflecting the most interesting and fertile period in the history of Russian film. These publications shed light on the production side of Soviet cinematography, theoretical and practical concepts developed by the period's leading directors and critics, and the role of film in Soviet cultural life. They featured articles by leading Soviet directors (Lev Kuleshov, Sergei Eisenstein, Dziga Vertov, Aleksandr Dovzhenko, Abram Room), members of the avant-garde LEF, leading authors and philologists.
- Host URL: http://www.primarysourcesonline.nl/c34/
- Film Studies/All
- History-Europe/Primary Sources: Periodicals
- History-Europe/Primary Sources: Newspapers
- Slavic and East European Studies/Primary Materials
- Slavic and East European Studies/All databases