Database by Subject Category: See Research Port, College Park only
Found 32 items.
Directory of Graduate Research
- Database Name: Directory of Graduate Research
- Description: This resource provides information about chemical research and researchers at universities located in the United States and Canada. It is a searchable database containing all of the information in the print Directory of Graduate Research.
- Host URL: http://dgr.rints.com/
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD04118
- Vendor: American Chemical Society
- Coverage: It includes information on graduate programs in eight disciplines: biochemistry, chemistry, chemical engineering, environmental science, medicinal/pharmaceutical chemistry, polymers and materials science, toxicology, and marine science. Listings for faculty members include contact and biographical information and bibliographic citations for articles published in the last two years.
- Time Span: The directory is published every two years.
Directory.American Firms Operating in Foreign Countries/Foreign Firms Operating in U.S
- Database Name: Directory.American Firms Operating in Foreign Countries/Foreign Firms Operating in U.S
- Description: The Directory of American Firms Operating in Foreign Countries provides a list of American companies that have a substantial investment in overseas operations, such as a wholly or partially owned subsidiary affiliate or branch. Search by country, region, state, keyword, zip code, radius, industry, revenue, or number of employees. The Directory of Foreign Firms Operating in the United States (also known as Directory of Foreign Firms) provides information about foreign-owned companies in the U.S. It includes more than 3,500 foreign firms with headquarters in 86 countries with almost 10,000 related U.S. businesses.
- Host URL: https://www.uniworldbp.com/search.php
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD08230
Dissertations & Theses: Full Text
- Database Name: Dissertations & Theses: Full Text
- Description: This database is the an authoritative source for information about doctoral dissertations and master's theses. The database represents the work of authors from over 1,000 graduate schools and universities. Full text is available from 1997 to the present.
- Host URL: http://search.proquest.com/pqdtft?/accountid=14696
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD07254
- Vendor: ProQuest Information and Learning Company
- Coverage: It offers access to more than 90 percent of the doctoral dissertations accepted each year in North America. The database also covers thousands of dissertations and theses from around the globe.
- Time Span: 1861 to present
- Restrictions: Terms and Conditions
Doctoral Dissertations in Musicology Online
- Database Name: Doctoral Dissertations in Musicology Online
- Description: An international database of bibliographic records for completed dissertations and new dissertation topics in the fields of musicology, music theory, and ethnomusicology. Contains more than 13,500 records, including the corrected and updated contents of the earlier printed editions of Doctoral Dissertations in Musicology.
- Host URL: http://www.ams-net.org/ddm/basicSearch.php
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD06043
Doctoral Dissertations Relating to American Architectural History, 1897-1995
- Database Name: Doctoral Dissertations Relating to American Architectural History, 1897-1995
- Description: A comprehensive list of doctoral dissertations related to American architectural history. The principal criteria for inclusion are those studies dealing with the history of the built environment, not only buildings but related topics such as architectural sculpture, cemeteries, dams, the social history of buildings where they show how a building type was used, and terra cotta.
- Host URL: http://www.sah.org/oldsite06012004/daah/daah1.html
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD04306
- Coverage: 1897-1995
Doing Business Database
- Database Name: Doing Business Database
- Description: World Bank database Provides objective measures of business regulations and their enforcement across 183 economies and selected cities at the subnational and regional level.
- Host URL: http://www.doingbusiness.org/economyrankings/
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD07790
- Vendor: World Bank
- Coverage: Coverage of indicators comparable across 145 economies that can be used to analyze specific regulations that enhance or constrain investment, productivity and growth.
- Time Span: Updated annually
- Restrictions: Terms and Conditions
- Database Name: DOSE
- Description: A single source of all relevant data for the accurate assessment of the risks associated with the use of over 4, 100 chemicals of environmental concern. The information in DOSE is fully referenced and is presented in concise, easy-to-read summaries.
- Host URL: http://www.rsc.org/Publishing/CurrentAwareness/DOSE/DOSESearchPage.cfm
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD01870
- Vendor: Royal Society of Chemistry
- Coverage: Data include physical properties, occupational exposure limits, mammalian and avian toxicity, genotoxicity, ecotoxicity, environmental fate, plus regulatory requirements including risk and safety phrases.
DRAM (Database of Recorded American Music)
- Database Name: DRAM (Database of Recorded American Music)
- Description: A scholarly resource for recordings by American composers and performers. It provides CD quality streaming audio, complete and original liner notes, and essays from independent record labels and sound archives including New World Records, CRI, Albany, innova, Cedille, XI, Pogus, Deep Listening, and Mutable Music labels.
- Host URL: http://proxy.dramonline.org
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD06048
DRUM: Digital Repository at the University of Maryland
- Database Name: DRUM: Digital Repository at the University of Maryland
- Description: DRUM provides digital repository services for the University of Maryland. Currently there are three types of materials in our collections: faculty deposited documents, a Library managed collection of UM doctoral dissertations, and a collection of technical reports.
- Host URL: http://drum.lib.umd.edu/
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD05542
- Coverage: New submissions to the thesis/dissertation collections are added automatically as they are received from the Graduate School. Currently, the Graduate School deposits all theses and dissertations from a given semester after the official graduation date. This means that there may be up to a 4 month delay in the appearance of a given thesis/dissertation in DRUM.
- Time Span: 2003-
- Notes: UM Theses and Dissertations are found under Library Managed Collections.
- Database Name: DSM-5
- Description: This is the most recent edition of the "Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders" (commonly called the "DSM" or "DSM-5"),the standard classification of mental disorders used by mental health professionals in the United States.
- Host URL: http://dsm.psychiatryonline.org/book.aspx?bookid=556
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD08590