Database by Subject Category: See Research Port, College Park only
Found 97 items.
Europa World of Learning
- Database Name: Europa World of Learning
- Description: “The Europa World of Learning is a reference work listing higher education, research and other academic institutions throughout the world. The online version is fully searchable, and features over 31,500 entries which contain over 64,000 direct links to email addresses and institutional websites.
The database also features topical essays on the world of higher education.”
- Host URL: http://www.worldoflearning.com/
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD08706
Europe - 1789-1914: Encyclopedia of the Age of Industry and Empire
- Database Name: Europe - 1789-1914: Encyclopedia of the Age of Industry and Empire
- Description: Covers the important people and the major events and developments in Europe between the onset of the French Revolution to the outbreak of World War. The articles illustrates the impact of the French Revolution and Napoleonic era on Europe, and the transformation of tis political, social, and cultural institutions by the forces of industrialization, nationalism, mass politics, imperialism, great power rivalries and innovative cultural change.
- Host URL: http://find.galegroup.com/openurl/openurl?url_ver=Z39.88-2004&url_ctx_fmt=info:ofi/fmt:kev:mtx:ctx&req_dat=info:sid/gale:ugnid:umd_um&res_id=info:sid/gale:GVRL&ctx_enc=info:ofi:enc:UTF-8&rft_val_fmt=info:ofi/fmt:kev:mtx:book&rft_id=info:sid/gale:bmcode:recid/0SFZ
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD07650
- Vendor: Gale
Europe Since 1914: Encyclopedia of the Age of War and Reconstruction
- Database Name: Europe Since 1914: Encyclopedia of the Age of War and Reconstruction
- Description: Information about the European history from the Bolshevik Revolution to the European Union. Covers a broad scope, encompassing the period's scientific and economic, social and cultural, political and military developments.
- Host URL: http://find.galegroup.com/openurl/openurl?url_ver=Z39.88-2004&url_ctx_fmt=info:ofi/fmt:kev:mtx:ctx&req_dat=info:sid/gale:ugnid:umd_um&res_id=info:sid/gale:GVRL&ctx_enc=info:ofi:enc:UTF-8&rft_val_fmt=info:ofi/fmt:kev:mtx:book&rft_id=info:sid/gale:bmcode:recid/0SFY
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD07653
- Vendor: Gale
European Views of the Americas
- Database Name: European Views of the Americas
- Description: This bibliographic database is based on European Americana: A Chronological Guide to Works Printed in Europe Relating to the Americas, 1493-1750. The database contains more than 32,000 entries and is a comprehensive guide to printed records about the Americas written in Europe before 1750. It covers the history of European exploration as well as portrayals of Native American peoples. A wide range of subject areas are covered.
- Host URL: http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?profile=ehost&defaultdb=hev
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD07884
- Vendor: Ebsco
Evening Star (D.C.), 1852-1922
- Database Name: Evening Star (D.C.), 1852-1922
- Description: Full-text and fully searchable. Historians have regarded The Evening Star as the newspaper of record for the nation’s capital. Published under such titles as Washington Star-News and The Washington Star, this long-running daily afternoon paper was one of the highest profile publications in the nation.
- Host URL: http://infoweb.newsbank.com/?db=EANX&s_browseRef=decades/13D5DA85AE05A305/all.xml
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD08554
Everyday Life & Women in America, c.1800-1920
- Database Name: Everyday Life & Women in America, c.1800-1920
- Description: Especially rich in conduct of life and domestic management literature, it comprises thousands of fully searchable images (alongside transcriptions) of monographs, pamphlets, periodicals and broadsides addressing political, social and gender issues, religion, race, education, employment, marriage, sexuality, home and family life, health, and pastimes.
- Host URL: http://www.everydaylife.amdigital.co.uk/index.aspx
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD08693
- Vendor: Adam Mattew
- Restrictions: Terms and Conditions
Evidence Based Medicine Reviews
- Database Name: Evidence Based Medicine Reviews
- Description: Evidence Based Medicine Reviews (EBMR) is a definitive resource for research in the field of evidence based medicine (EBM). 2 simultaneous users. It includes ACP Journal Club (ACP), Cochrane Controlled Trials Register (CCTR), Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (COCH), and Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effectiveness (DARE).
- Host URL: http://ovidsp.ovid.com/ovidweb.cgi?T=JS&NEWS=n&CSC=Y&PAGE=main&D=ebmz
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD08357