Found 97 items.
Electronic Thesis and Dissertation Initiative
Electronics and Communications Abstracts
- Database Name: Electronics and Communications Abstracts
- Description: This database provides international coverage of electronics and communications research by monitoring of over 3,000 serial titles as well as numerous non-serial publications. Very technical.
- Host URL: http://search.proquest.com/electronicscomms?accountid=14696
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD08133
- Vendor: ProQuest Information and Learning Company
- Coverage: Major areas of coverage include: circuits, components and materials, photonics , control and systems , telecommunications telecommunications equipment and instrumentation , power systems and theoretical research.
- Time Span: 1981- present
- Restrictions: Terms and Conditions
- Database Name: EMBASE
- Description: MPower Virtual Research Library Embase covers the latest international biomedical and pharmaceutical research including Medline plus as well over 5 million records not covered on MEDLINE. Indexes current, mostly peer-reviewed journals and includes also published proceedings and conference abstracts. Users can research on adverse drug reactions, compare drug therapies for disease and search for evidence-based medicine research
- Host URL: https://www.embase.com
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD08655
Emily Dickinsons Correspondences
- Database Name: Emily Dickinsons Correspondences
- Description: This archive brings together seventy-four poems and letters from Emily's correspondence with her sister-in-law and primary confidante, Susan Dickinson. Each text is presented with a digitized scan of the holograph manuscript.
- Host URL: http://rotunda.upress.virginia.edu/edc/
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD07342
- Database Name: Empire Online
- Description: Fully-searchable database of full-text primary resources dating from 1492 to 1969. Includes Exploration journals and logs, correspondence, diaries; official government papers; missionary papers; travel writing; slave papers; maps; marketing posters; photographs; and Illustrations, with many in color.
- Host URL: http://www.empire.amdigital.co.uk
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD07917
- Vendor: Adam Matthew Digital
- Database Name: Encyclopaedia Judaica
- Description: Updated edition of this work on Judaism features more than 21,000 entries on Jewish life, culture, history, and religion, written by Israeli, American and European subject specialists. Available through the Gale Virtual Reference Library.
- Host URL: http://galenet.galegroup.com/servlet/eBooks?ste=22&docNum=CX2587599999&q=umd_um
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD06120
- Vendor: Gale
Encyclopaedia of Islam
- Database Name: Encyclopaedia of Islam
- Description: Reference to people, history, institutions, and countries related to religious, political, and historical aspects of Islam.
- Host URL: http://referenceworks.brillonline.com/browse/encyclopaedia-of-islam-2
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD06017
- Vendor: Brill
- Coverage: Online edition. of volumes 1 through 11 of the print encyclopaedia. Includes a search engine enhanced by the inclusion of two original indices (Index of proper names; Index of subjects).
- Time Span: The beginnings of Islam to the present.
- Notes: PC users: Click on Mac users: Click on
Encyclopaedia of the Qurʼān
- Database Name: Encyclopaedia of the Qurʼān
- Description: Christian Muslim relations & bibliographical history online is a general online history of relations between the fathis.it covers the period from 600 to 1500when encounters take place through the extended Mediterranean basin and are recorded in Syriac, Arabic, Greek, Latin, and other languages. Christian Muslim Relations Online comprises introductory essays on the treatment of Christians in the Qua’ran, Qua’ran commentaries, biographies of the Prophet, Hadith, and Sunni law, and of Muslims in canon law, and the main body of more than two hundred detailed entries on all the works recorded, whether surviving or lost.
- Host URL: http://referenceworks.brillonline.com/browse/encyclopaedia-of-the-quran
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD08508
Encyclopedia of African-American culture and history-2nd ed.
- Database Name: Encyclopedia of African-American culture and history-2nd ed.
- Description: A five-volume set and supplement covering all aspects of the African-American experience from 1619 to the present day. Using biographies, historical essays, and thematic pieces, many written by foremost scholars, it addresses a wide array of subjects in over 2,300 articles to define in one source the cultural roots, participation in American life, and current condition of the African-American community..
- Host URL: http://find.galegroup.com/openurl/openurl?url_ver=Z39.88-2004&url_ctx_fmt=info:ofi/fmt:kev:mtx:ctx&req_dat=info:sid/gale:ugnid:umd_um&res_id=info:sid/gale:GVRL&ctx_enc=info:ofi:enc:UTF-8&rft_val_fmt=info:ofi/fmt:kev:mtx:book&rft_id=info:sid/gale:bmcode:recid/5BDB
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD07693
- Vendor: Gale