Database by Subject Category: See Research Port, College Park only
Found 29 items.
Faber Poetry Library (LION)
- Database Name: Faber Poetry Library (LION)
- Description: Full text of the works of 50 poets comprising 140 volumes of poetry published by Faber and Faber.
- Host URL: http://collections.chadwyck.com/faber/htxview?template=basic.htx&content=frameset.htx
- Vendor: Chadwyck-Healey (ProQuest Company)
- Coverage: British and American poetry
- Time Span: 20th century
- Notes: http://collections.chadwyck.com/ampo/htxview?template=basic.htx&content=frameset.htx
- Database Name: Factiva
- Description: WARNING: Data mining and excessive downloading are prohibited and such activities cause the suspension of this service. NOTE: Use of Factiva requires login with University ID and is restricted to only current UMCP staff and students. Factiva recommends using Internet Explorer 5.01 or higher. Full-text access to over 8,000 business sources including national and international newspapers, magazines, wire services, web sites and industry (trade) sources.
- Host URL: http://global.factiva.com/en/sess/login.asp?xsid=S003Wvf1WFo5DEs5DEmM9YuNTAvODFyMHmnRsIuMcNG1pRRQUFBQUFBQUFBQUFBQUFBQUFBQUFBQUFBQUFBQUFBQUFBQQAA
- Vendor: Factiva, a Dow Jones & Reuters Company
- Coverage: Covers business news articles in a wide range of topic areas: companies, industries, markets, products, brands, and general financial articles.
- Time Span: Varies by title.
- Restrictions: Terms and Conditions
Facts & Comparisons eAnswers
- Database Name: Facts & Comparisons eAnswers
- Description: Facts & Comparisons eAnswers is a comprehensive drug information compendium that includes drug interaction monographs, data on natural products, and patient information. It includes the tools Drug Facts and Comparisons, Drug Interaction Facts, The Review of Natural Products, and Med Facts: Patient Information.
- Host URL: http://online.factsandcomparisons.com
- Restrictions: Terms and Conditions
Faculty of 1000
- Database Name: Faculty of 1000
- Description: Rapid online service that highlights and evaluates the most interesting papers across the life sciences recommended by 1600 of the world's top scientists. Identifies key papers in closely related research areas evaluated by recognized experts. Consensus rating listed for each paper (F1000 Factor) includes reasons why the papers are considered important. Links out through BioMed Central, PubMed, and PubMed Central. Weekly or monthly updates are available via email.
- Host URL: http://f1000.com/evaluations
- Vendor: BioMed Central
- Coverage: Divided into 16 subject areas (Faculties), which are subdivided, in turn, into sections including biochemistry, bioinformatics, biotechnology, ecology, genomics and genetics, immunology, microbiology, neuroscience, physiology, plant biology, and more.
- Time Span: January 2002 to present
- Notes: Customize using “My F1000” feature.
Family & Society Studies Worldwide
- Database Name: Family & Society Studies Worldwide
- Description: [mobile version]
A primary family studies resource, Family & Society Studies Worldwide provides more than one million citations and abstracts to professional journals, books, book chapters, conference papers, theses & dissertations, websites & internet documents, selected popular literature, government reports, statistical documents, working papers, and unpublished material. This database is a compilation of 4 database files: Family & Society Studies; Australian Family & Society Abstracts; National Clearinghouse on Family Violence, Health Canada; and U.S. Military Family Reserouce Center Documents Database.
- Host URL: http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?authtype=ip,uid&profile=ehost&defaultdb=flh
- Vendor: EBSCO Publishing
- Coverage: A primary family studies resource, Family & Society Studies Worldwide provides more than 700,000 citations and abstracts to professional journals, books, book chapters, conference papers, theses & dissertations, websites & internet documents, selected popular literature, government reports, statistical documents, working papers, and unpublished material. This database is a compilation of 4 database files: Family & Society Studies; Australian Family & Society Abstracts; National Clearinghouse on Family Violence, Health Canada; and U.S. Military Family Reserouce Center Documents Database.
- Time Span: Dates of coverage are 1970 to the present.
Terms and Conditions
Only 5 simultaneous users allowed.
Family Studies Abstracts
- Database Name: Family Studies Abstracts
- Description: Family studies database comprised of 45,000 entries, covering such areas as marriage, divorce, and family therapy.
- Host URL: http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?authtype=ip,uid&profile=ehost&defaultdb=26h
- Database Name: FDsys
- Description: Disseminates official information from all three branches of the US Federal Government.(Formerly GPO Access).
- Host URL: www.gpo.gov/fdsys/
- Vendor: Government Printing Office
"Access to full text government publications and databases. Includes the US Budget, Commerce Business
Daily, GAO Reports, the Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents, and the Catalog of US
Government Publications (MOCAT). "
Federal Domestic Assistance
- Database Name: Federal Domestic Assistance
- Description: Information on federal programs and services providing assistance or benefits to the American public.
- Host URL: http://www.cfda.gov/
- Coverage: Includes programs available to: State and local governments (including DC); federally-recognized Indian tribal governments, territories (and possessions) of the US; domestic public, quasi-public, and private profit and nonprofit organizations and institutions; specialized groups; and individuals.
- Database Name: Federal Register
- Description: Official daily publication for rules, proposed rules, and notices of federal agencies and organizations, as well as executive orders and other presidential documents.
- Host URL: http://www.gpoaccess.gov/fr/index.html
- Vendor: Office of the Federal Register, National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)
- Time Span: 1994 to present
Federal Register Library
- Database Name: Federal Register Library
- Description: Full-text access to the Federal Register (1936 -), Federal Register Indexes (1939-1995), Compilation of Sections Affected (1949-2000), Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents (1965-2004), and the Administrative Procedure Act (1944-1946).
- Host URL: http://heinonline.org/HOL/Index?collection=fedreg
- Vendor: Hein
- Coverage: HeinOnline provides access to the complete contents of each Federal Register issue. Each Federal Register page is represented in both high quality image and OCR text formats.
- Time Span: FR (1936-), CSA (1949-2000), Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents (1965-2004).
- Restrictions: Terms and Conditions
- Notes: Federal Register documents on HeinOnline are displayed and printed as high-resolution images. Once you are viewing a documents, use the Print Options link located in the toolbar just above the document to print or download the current page or the entire document in 30 page segments. Documents may be printed using the HeinOnline HPrint utility or downloaded and printed as a pdf file. HeinOnline adds citation information to the footer of each page.