Database by Subject Category: See Research Port, College Park only
Found 43 items.
- Database Name: iPOLL
- Description: The Roper Center for Public Opinion Research maintains one of the most complete collections of public opinion data. Data contributors include many major commercial polling firms and media survey organizations, such as ABC News, CBS News, Fox News, the Gallup Organization, Los Angeles Times, National Opinion Research Center, NBC News, New York Times, Princeton Survey Research Associates, USA Today, the Washington Post, and many others. RoperExpress, a data access tool for on-demand downloading of data in the Roper Center collection that are in ASCII or SPSS portable formats, is also available.
- Host URL: http://www.ropercenter.uconn.edu/data_access/ipoll/ipoll.html
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD05660
- Vendor: Roper Center for Public Opinion Research
- Coverage: This databank is a comprehensive, up-to-date source for questions asked on U.S. nationwide public opinion surveys since 1935. It provides question wordings, response percentages, and full survey-level citations.
- Time Span: 1935 to the present
- Notes: In order to start using iPOLL, click "iPOLL Login" and complete the "iPOLL New User Registration" page on the website.
- Database Name: IRITH
- Description: Gateway to sites on the Web that contain substantial content in the various disciplines of the humanities in the area of Irish Studies.
- Host URL: http://irith.org/index.jsp
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD03534
- Coverage: Irish studies in the humanities
- Time Span: Covers all time periods
- Database Name: Iter
- Description: Citations to journal articles, books, bibliographies, and book reviews about the period 400 - 1700. A growing database. To date, full runs of 632 scholarly journals have been indexed from as far back as 1842.
- Host URL: http://www.itergateway.org/resources
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD01880
- Vendor: University of Toronto
- Coverage: Useful for research on the Middle Ages and Renaissance, including literature and history.
- Time Span: Covers the period 400-1700. Dates of journal indexing varies by title.
- Restrictions: Terms and Conditions