Found 44 items.
NACSIS Web Cat
- Database Name: NACSIS Web Cat
- Description: Needs Internet Explorer IME for Japanese. National union catalog of books and serials in natinal university libraries and other research institutions in Japan, managed by Japan's National Institute of Informatics. Updated Weekly. This database gives holding records of institutions. Good tool for interlibrary loan. (Japanese and English)
- Host URL: http://webcat.nii.ac.jp/webcat_eng.html
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD05142
NASA Technical Reports Server
- Database Name: NASA Technical Reports Server
- Description: The NASA Scientific and Technical Information (STI) Program's mission is to collect, archive, and disseminate NASA aerospace information, and locate domestic and international STI pertinent to NASA's missions and Strategic Enterprises.
- Host URL: http://ntrs.nasa.gov/
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD03878
- Coverage: The NTRS collects scientific and technical information from NASA's technical report servers and non-NASA sites using the Open Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting (OAI-PMH). Information Disclaimer: The external sites selected for inclusion in the NTRS are not endorsed or maintained by NASA. The validity, accuracy, integrity, and maintenance of information from external sources are the responsibility of the sponsoring organization.
NBER Working Papers Online
- Database Name: NBER Working Papers Online
- Description: Full text of working papers from the National Bureau of Economic Research.
- Host URL: http://papers.nber.org/s/search?
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD03304
- Coverage: NBER concentrates on four types of of empirical research: developing new statistical measurements, estimating quantitative models of economic behavior, assessing the effects of public policy on the U.S. economy, and projecting the effects of alternative policy proposals.
NDL Kindai Digital Library
- Database Name: NDL Kindai Digital Library
- Description: Needs Internet Explorer IME for Japanese.
The Kindai Digital Library of the National Diet Library of Japan presently provides digital images of 97,000 titles (143,000 volumes) published in the Meiji and Taisho eras (1868-1926), and is continuously adding new titles to this database.
Whenever titles being searched in the NDL OPAC are present in the Kindai Digiital Library, there is a hot link in the bibliographic records that takes you from the OPAC to the full text of the titles in the Kindai Digital Library where you can view images of the contents and full texts of those titles.
- Host URL: http://kindai.ndl.go.jp/index.html
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD06748
- Database Name: NDL-OPAC
- Description: Needs Internet Explorer IME for Japanese. National Diet Library of Japan Online Public Access Catalog. It contains books since 1868 and journal articles since 1948.
- Host URL: http://opac.ndl.go.jp/index_e.html
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD05141
NINES: Networked Infrastructure for Nineteenth-century Electronic Scholarship
- Database Name: NINES: Networked Infrastructure for Nineteenth-century Electronic Scholarship
- Description: Includes various kinds of contents: traditional texts and document, editions, bibliographic entries, and critical works of all kinds, as well as 'born-digital' materials relating to all aspects of nineteenth-century culture. Some but not all of the content is open access.
- Host URL: http://www.nines.org/
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD07087
NY Public Lib Dance Catalog
- Database Name: NY Public Lib Dance Catalog
- Description: Lists the holdings of the Dance Collection of the New York Public Library. The collections consists of books, periodical articles, video recordings, and other media. All forms of dance, from all cultures, in many languages are included.
- Host URL: http://catnyp.nypl.org/search~b1o1c1i1p1r1a1
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD03517
- Vendor: New York Public Library
- Coverage: Dance
Nation Digital Archive
- Database Name: Nation Digital Archive
- Description: The Nation is America’s oldest weekly magazine and one if its premier journals of opinion since its inception in 1865. The Nation has long bee regarded as one of the country’s definitive journalistic voices of writing on politics, culture, books and the arts and continues to stand as the independent voice in American journalism. This database contains indexing & abstracting and full text for the complete archive of The Nation beginning with its first issue in 1865 through to the present.
- Host URL: http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?authtype=ip,uid&profile=ehost&defaultdb=nih
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD07938
- Restrictions: Terms and Conditions
National Center for Health Statistics Data Warehouse (NCHS)
- Database Name: National Center for Health Statistics Data Warehouse (NCHS)
- Description: Data on vital events as well as information on health status, lifestyle, and exposure to unhealthy influences, the onset and diagnosis of illness and disability, and the use of health care.
- Host URL: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD03849
- Vendor: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
National Criminal Justice Reference Service (NCJRS)
- Database Name: National Criminal Justice Reference Service (NCJRS)
- Description: Summaries of more than 170,000 publications including journal articles, government reports, books, research reports, and unpublished research plus links to over 1,500 full-text publications.
- Host URL: http://purl.access.gpo.gov/GPO/LPS523
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD03303
- Coverage: Criminal justice and criminology issues including corrections, courts, drugs and substance abuse, juvenile justice, law enforcement, victims of crime, statistics, and international crime topics.
- Time Span: 1970 to the present.