Database by Subject Category: See Research Port, College Park only
Found 24 items.
O'Reilly Online Books (via Safari Tech Books Online)
- Database Name: O'Reilly Online Books (via Safari Tech Books Online)
- Description: Electronic collection of 1,000+ O'Reilly information technology and computing e-books. Topics include programming, security, networking, hardware, desktop publishing and applications, and software engineering
- Host URL: http://proquest.safaribooksonline.com/
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD07026
OAIster (OCLC )
- Database Name: OAIster (OCLC )
- Description: OAIster is a union catalog of digital resources. It provides access to these digital resources by "harvesting" their descriptive metadata (records) using OAI-PMH (the Open Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting). The Open Archives Initiative is not the same thing as the Open Access movement.
These resources, often hidden from search engine users behind web scripts, are known as the "deep web." The owners of these resources share them with the world using OAI-PMH.
OAIster reveals these digital resources in an easy-to-use, searchable interface.
- Host URL: http://firstsearch.oclc.org/fsip?dbname=oaister&done=referer
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD07442
- Vendor: OCLC
- Restrictions: Terms and Conditions
Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Database Name: Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Description: The Occupational Outlook Handbook is a nationally recognized source of career information, designed to provide valuable assistance to individuals making decisions about their future work lives. Revised every two years, the Handbook describes what workers do on the job, working conditions, the training and education needed, earnings, and expected job prospects in a wide range of occupations.
- Host URL: http://www.bls.gov/ooh/
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD03821
- Vendor: U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Database Name: Oceanic Abstracts
- Description: Worldwide technical literature related to marine & brackish-water environments. Focuses on maine biology and physical oceanography, fisheries, aquaculture, non-living resources, meterololgy and geology plus environmental, technological, and legislative topics. Includes: bibliography, monographs, computer files, conferences, dissertations, film, journals, law, maps, numerical data, patent, reports, reviews, training manuals.
- Host URL: http://search.proquest.com/oceanic?accountid=14696
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD01691
- Vendor: ProQuest Information and Learning Company
- Coverage: Biological oceanography, ecology, physical & chem. Oceanog., marine geol., geophysics, geochemistry, marine pollution, nonliving resources, navigation & communications, maritime law, desalination, ships, shipping & marine biology
- Time Span: 1981- current
- Restrictions: Terms and Conditions
- Search Hints: Subject searches include titles and abstracts in the search.
- Database Name: OECD iLibrary
- Description: The online library of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development. Comprises 20 book collections by theme, containing all OECD monographs and reports, most OECD periodicals, and the OECD statistical databases.
- Host URL: http://www.oecd-ilibrary.org
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD07863
- Vendor: Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Coverage: All areas of international economic development, including: agriculture & food, education and skills, environment & sustainable development, energy, finance & investment, governance, social issues, science & information technology, and governance.
- Time Span: From January 1998 onwards.
OFFSTATS Official Statistics on the Web
- Database Name: OFFSTATS Official Statistics on the Web
- Description: This site, from a New Zealand university, links to the websites of official statistics agencies or sources around the world.
- Host URL: http://www.library.auckland.ac.nz/subjects/stats/offstats/
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD05943
Old Maps Online
- Database Name: Old Maps Online
- Description: The OldMapsOnline portal is an easy-to-use gateway to historical maps in libraries around the world. It allows the user to search for online digital historical maps across numerous different collections via a geographical search. Search by typing a place name or by clicking in the map window and narrow by date. The search results provide a direct link to the map image on the website of the host institution.
- Host URL: http://www.oldmapsonline.org
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD08537
- Database Name: OMIM
- Description: Information about genetic diseases and heritable conditions. Intended for use by genetic researchers and advanced students in science and medicine. A catalog of human genes and genetic disorders containing textual information, pictures, and reference information.
- Host URL: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/Omim/
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD03706
Oncogenes and growth factors abstracts
- Database Name: Oncogenes and growth factors abstracts
- Description: Provides citations and abstracts to the experimental and clinical literature focusing on mechanisms of oncogenes and growth factors--the molecular basis of malignant transformations. Appropriate for molecular biologists researching cell growth and oncogenesis and for researchers in immunology, virology, bacteriology, genetics, and related fields. Major areas of coverage include oncogenes, viral oncogenes, growth factors, tyrosine kinase activity, serine-threonine kinase activity, serine, threonine kinases.
- Host URL: http://www.csa.com/htbin/dbrng.cgi?username=mck&access=mck341&db=oncogenes-set-c
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD07831
- Database Name: OpenNet
- Description: Index of energy-related documents that have been declassified and made publicly available after October 1, 1994. Also includes references to historical collections of the Department of Energy.
- Host URL: http://www.osti.gov/opennet/
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD03703
- Vendor: U.S. Department of Energy