Found 52 items.
- Database Name: Population Index
- Description: Population Index is the primary reference tool to the world's population literature. It presents an annotated bibliography of recently published books, journal articles, working papers, and other materials on population topics.
- Host URL: http://popindex.princeton.edu/
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD03818
- Coverage: This website provides a searchable and browsable database containing 46,035 abstracts of demographic literature published in Population Index in the period 1986-2000.
Prange Education Book Collection Database
- Database Name: Prange Education Book Collection Database
- Description: Database containing bibliographic and censorship information for approximately 10,000 education books and pamphlets from the Gordon W. Prange Collection published in Japan from 1945 through 1949. The Prange Collection is the most comprehensive collection in the world of print publications issued in Japan during the immediate post-World War II years, 1945-1949 (in Japanese).
- Host URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/prange/education/index.html
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD06277
- Database Name: Pravda Archive
- Description: Pravda (or “Truth”) was the official voice of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the USSR between 1918 and 1991. Founded in 1912 in St. Petersburg, Pravda originated as an underground, daily workers’ newspaper, and soon became the main newspaper of the revolutionary wing of the Russian socialist movement. From 1912 to 1914, Pravda was subjected to constant persecution, fines, penalties, and prohibitions by the government. When the Bolsheviks seized power during the October Revolution in 1917, Pravda became the official publication, or “organ,” of the Soviet Communist Party. The paper’s primary role was to deliver the official line of the Central Committee of the CPSU. Pravda remained the official voice of Soviet communism up until 1991, when Boris Yeltsin signed a decree closing Pravda down.
- Host URL: http://dlib.eastview.com/browse/publication/9305
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD08066
- Vendor: East View Information Services
- Time Span: 1912-2009
- Restrictions: Terms and Conditions
Primary Search (EBSCO)
- Database Name: Primary Search (EBSCO)
- Description: [mobile version]
Primary Search contains full text for more than 50 popular, elementary school magazines. All full text articles are assigned a reading level indicator (Lexiles). Full text is also available for over 100 student pamphlets. Additionally, Primary Search includes the Encyclopedia of Animals, and features the Funk + Wagnall's New Encyclopedia, which provides students with easy-to-read encyclopedic entries written specifically for kids. This database also provides the American Heritage Children's Dictionary, 3rd Edition from Houghton Mifflin, and an Image Collection of 91,000 photos, maps and flags.
- Host URL: http://search.epnet.com/login.aspx?authtype=ip,uid&profile=ehost&defaultdb=prh
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD07346
- Vendor: EBSCO
- Notes: .
- Search Hints: ISBNs are not part of a searchable field in this database.
Primary Source Categories in Research Port
- Database Name: Primary Source Categories in Research Port
- Host URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/special/research/researchport.html
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD06136
Pritzker Architecture Prize
- Database Name: Pritzker Architecture Prize
- Description: This site provides current information about the Pritzker Architecture Prize, the world's most prestigious architecture award and its Laureates. The purpose of the Pritzker Architecture Prize is to honor living architects whose work combines qualities of talent, vision and commitment, producing consistent and significant contributions to humanity and the built environment through the art of architecture. The competition is modeled after the Nobel Prizes, since Architecture is a creative endeavor not included in the Nobels.
- Host URL: http://www.pritzkerprize.com/
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD04310
- Time Span: 1979-present
- Database Name: ProceedingsFirst
- Description: OCLC index of worldwide conference proceedings. Over 74,000 records. Each record contains a list of the papers presented at each conference.
- Host URL: http://firstsearch.oclc.org/dbname=Proceedings;FSIP
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD01538
- Vendor: OCLC / FirstSearch
- Coverage: Covers every published congress, symposium, conference, exposition, workshop and meeting received by The British Library Document Supply Center.
- Time Span: 1993-present
- Restrictions: Only one user allowed.
- Search Hints: 'Phrase' searches will find records with the words not necessarily next to each other. For example, a search on 'sunny day' might find 'the day was sunny'.
- Database Name: Project Muse
- Description: Full text of recent issues of over 240 journals from 40 scholarly publishers. Covers the fields of literary studies, history, the visual & performing arts, cultural studies, education, political science, gender studies, economics, and many other arts and humanities and social science disciplines.
- Host URL: http://muse.jhu.edu/search/search.cgi?searchtype=advanced
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD01843
- Vendor: Johns Hopkins University Press
- Coverage: Covers the fields of literature and criticism, history, the visual and performing arts, cultural studies, education, political science, gender studies, economics, and many other arts and humanities and social science disciplines.
- Time Span: Varies by journal. Some back to 1993, the majority from 1997 to the present.
- Restrictions: Terms and Conditions