Database by Subject Category: See Research Port, College Park only
Found 15 items.
- Database Name: Transliteration Table
- Description: Links to the scanned text of the 1997 edition of the "ALA-LC Romanization Tables: Transliteration Schemes for Non-Roman Scripts," approved by the Library of Congress and the American Library Association, developed for use when the consistent transliteration of non-Roman script (e.g. Hebrew) into the Roman alphabet is needed
- Host URL: http://www.loc.gov/catdir/cpso/roman.html
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD04037
- Coverage: All non-Roman alphabets
- Notes: There could be differences in how these characters are romanized. However whenever possible University of Maryland Libraries follows the Library of Congress transliteration tables.
Transportation Research Information Services (TRIS)
- Database Name: Transportation Research Information Services (TRIS)
- Description: Access to almost 500,000 bibliographic records covering research in the transportation field including references to books, journal articles, technical reports, and conference proceedings.
- Host URL: http://ntlsearch.bts.gov
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD01872
- Vendor: TRB --- Transportation Research Board
- Time Span: 1960-present (but there is some material from the 1950s included)
- Search Hints: The PATH Database, the largest bibliographic database on intelligent transportation systems (ITS), is now available as part of TRIS
Treasures in Full: Shakespeare in Quarto
- Database Name: Treasures in Full: Shakespeare in Quarto
- Description: Digital images of the British Library's 93 copies of the 21 plays by William Shakespeare printed in quarto before the theaters were closed in 1642. Also includes background information about William Shakespeare, his works, his theater world and the printing of his plays.
- Host URL: http://www.bl.uk/treasures/shakespeare/homepage.html
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD06421
Treaties and Agreements Library
- Database Name: Treaties and Agreements Library
- Description: Full text of all published treaties & agreements to which the US has been a party. Includes: US Treaties & Other International Agreements (UST); Treaties & Other International Acts Series (TIAS); Treaties in Force (TIF) and Guide to Treaties in Force; International Legal Materials (ILM); KAV Agreements; Bevans; Malloy; and Miller.
- Host URL: http://heinonline.org/HOL/Index?collection=ustreaties
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD05541
- Vendor: Hein
- Coverage: In addition to including the actual page-images of all published and in-force treaties and agreements to which the United States has been a party, HeinOnline includes thousands of unpublished treaties and agreements, and treaties and agreements that are no longer in-force.
- Time Span: 1776 to the present.
- Restrictions: Terms and Conditions