Found 9 items.
- Database Name: VBIC
- Description: VBIC is a web site that contains a comprehensive collection of electronic and print business resources intended to provide research support to the Robert H. Smith School of Business and general users seeking authoritative business information.
- Host URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/vbic
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD01882
- Vendor: This site is a collaborative effort between the College of Information Studies, the Robert H. Smith School of Business and the University of Maryland Libraries.
- Coverage: This site include links to Internet resources with substantial free offerings and fee-based commercial services that are available to University of Maryland faculty, students and staff through the University of Maryland libraries as well as pointers to print sources available in the University of Maryland libraries.
- Time Span: Varies by database
- Notes: "Please note that some resources are limited to University of Maryland students, staff, and faculty.
Victorian Popular Culture
- Database Name: Victorian Popular Culture
- Description: Digitized visual and rare print primary sources materials in three collections: Spiritualism, Sensation, and Magic; Circuses, Sideshows and Freaks; and Music Hall, Theatre and Popular Entertainment.
- Host URL: http://www.victorianpopularculture.amdigital.co.uk
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD07918
- Vendor: Adam Matthew Digital
Victorian Studies Bibliography
- Database Name: Victorian Studies Bibliography
- Description: Lists "noteworthy publications (including articles, books, and reviews) that have a bearing on the Victorian period. Prepared by the staff of Victorian Studies and a committee of the Victorian Division of the Modern Language Association of America, the Bibliography annually indexes over 400 journals, representing scholarship in a range of disciplines."
- Host URL: http://www.letrs.indiana.edu/web/v/victbib/
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD07089
Violence & Abuse Abstracts
- Database Name: Violence & Abuse Abstracts
- Description: Database of 35,000 records that cover the subject of violence and abuse, including such areas as family violence, sexual assault, and emotional abuse.
- Host URL: http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?authtype=ip,uid&profile=ehost&defaultdb=28h
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD07436
Virology & AIDS Abstracts
- Database Name: Virology & AIDS Abstracts
- Description: Provides coverage of the world literature on every aspect of virology in humans, animals, and plants, with topics ranging from replication cycles to oncology.
- Host URL: http://search.proquest.com/virologyaids?accountid=14696
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD03403
- Vendor: ProQuest Information and Learning Company
- Coverage: Virus Taxonomy and Classification, Methodology and Tissue Culture Studies, Physico- Chemical Properties, Structure, and Morphology, Replication Cycle, Immunology, Antiviral Agents and Oncology.
- Time Span: 1982 - present
- Restrictions: Terms and Conditions
Vital Statistics on American Politics
- Database Name: Vital Statistics on American Politics
- Description: Statistical data on elections and political parties, public opinion and voting, the media, the military, and social and economic policy.
- Host URL: http://library.cqpress.com/vsap/
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD08008
- Vendor: CQ Press
- Restrictions: Terms and Conditions
Vital Statistics on the Presidency
- Database Name: ViVa
- Description: A current bibliography of articles about women's and gender history. Articles selected from 160 European, American, Canadian, Asian, Australian and New Zealand journals. The bibliography was started in 1990 by Els Kloek as a special project at the History Department of the University of Utrecht, the Netherlands. Since 1995 the project has been continued by the International Institute of Social History (www.iisg.nl).
- Host URL: http://www2.iisg.nl/viva/
- Direct URL: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dbfinder/id/UMD03614
- Vendor: International Institute of Social History
- Coverage: The compilation consists of articles on women and gender from historical journals and history from women's studies journals. All substantial articles and review essays about women and gender in history are listed in the bibliography. Related topics such as prostitution, witchcraft, housework, sexuality, birth control, infanticide, the family, gynaecology, and masculinity are also included. Emphasis on Modern and Early Modern history