Database by Subject Category: See Research Port, College Park only
Found 1 items.
Web of Science
- Database Name: Web of Science
- Description: Note: currently works with the following browsers: IE 7 and up, Firefox 3.6 and up, and Safari 5.0 and up. Indexes over 17,000 journals by subject keyword, author name, journal title & author affiliation. Search author abstracts when available. Provides cited reference searching
- Host URL: http://webofknowledge.com/WOS
- Vendor: Institute for Scientific Information (ISI)
Science Citation Index Expanded®
A multidisciplinary index covering the journal literature of the sciences. It indexes more than 5,700 major journals across 164 scientific disciplines. The best database for finding what papers have cited other papers. Cited references can be traced forward in time. Some of the disciplines covered include agriculture, astronomy, biochemistry, biology, chemistry, computer science, materials science, mathematics, medicine, neuroscience, physics, plant sciences, and zoology.
Social Sciences Citation Index®
Covers 50 disciplines including anthropology, economics, history, library & info science, law, linguistics, philosophy, political science, psychology, public health, sociology, urban studies, and women's studies. It fully indexes more than 1,725 journals across 50 social sciences disciplines, and it indexes individually selected, relevant items from over 3,300 of the world's leading scientific and technical journals.
- Time Span: SCI: 1945-present; SSCI 1956 to present; weekly updates
- Restrictions: Terms and Conditions
- Search Hints:
Do not use parentheses in searches in Research Port.
When linking out to the database, select "ISI Web of Science" from the pull down menu at the top of the page.