Search Results

Please note: These search results do not contain links to electronic articles hosted by the University of Maryland Libraries, although some may be available online. Please contact the University of Maryland Libraries for assistance in obtaining copies of any of the articles cited in this bibliography.

Your search in the category "St. Mary's County" returned 400 results in 20 pages.

Showing results 121 through 140.

121)
Cox, Kim, Diane Mattingly, Sarah Morgan, and Wrenn Heisler. “The Farmers Raildroad." Chronicles of St. Mary’s, (Winter 2012): 22-28.

122)
Cox, Richard J. "Public Records in Colonial Maryland." American Archivist 37 (April 1974): 263-75.

123)
Cronin, William B. "St. George's Island." Chesapeake Bay Magazine 19 (May 1989): 44-47.

124)
Davis, Kirk and Julia A. King. “St. Mary’s County vs. Steuart Petroleum.” SlackWater, 6 (2009): 64-69.

125)
Dessaint, A. Y. Southern Maryland Yesterday and Today: Crab Pots and Sotweed Fields. Prince Frederick, MD: Calvert County Historical Society, 1984.
Annotations / Notes: Historic photographs and excerpts from 60 of the "best" works on Southern Maryland. Arranged predominately by theme, the chapters include working the land, working the water, life in the home, and life in the community. A ten page introduction gives a brief chronological history of the area.

126)
Dessaint, Alain. Southern Maryland Directory: A Guide to Researching the Region's Past. Prince Frederick, MD: Southern Maryland Today, 1983.

127)
Diamond, Gary. "Point Lookout State Park." Maryland 22 (Winter 1989): 70-71.

128)
Doub, Charles A. "Reports of Personal Interviews from The History of Education in St. Mary's County, Maryland, Prior to 1900." Chronicles of St. Mary's, 42 (Summer 1994): 313-32.

129)
Dyson, Roy. "St. Mary's County and Maryland's 350th Anniversary." Chronicles of St. Mary's 32 (February 1984): 125-128.

130)
Earle, Swepson. The Chesapeake Bay Country. Baltimore: Thomsen-Ellis Company, 1923.
Annotations / Notes: Divided into three regions -- southeastern Maryland, Upper Bay, and the Eastern Shore, this work includes a history for each, written by five noted authors, followed by a description of the counties in each, along with places of interest and the people of these places. The histories of the areas places special emphasis on major houses and genealogy of the owners. It is nicely illustrated with contemporary photographs, which nearly 80 years later serve as historic images. There are four pages of interesting photos of African Americans.

131)
Everett, Richard A. "The Vineyard of Beaverdam Manor." Chronicles of St. Mary's 39 (Summer 1991): 43-46.

132)
Fales, John H. "Occurrence in Southern Maryland of the Carolina Satyr (Satyridae: Satyrinae )." Maryland Naturalist 39 (January-June 1995): 5-7.

133)
Faust, Page T. "Dr. Walter Hanson Stone Briscoe." Chronicles of St. Mary's 46 (Winter 1998): 339-42.

134)
Faust, Page T. "Keeping History Alive at Sotterly Plantation." Chronicles of St. Mary's 46 (Winter 1998): 338-39.

135)
Fausz, J. Frederick. "Present at the 'Creation': The Chesapeake World that Greeted the Maryland Colonists." Maryland Historical Magazine 79 (Spring 1984): 7-20.
Annotations / Notes: Fausz examines relations between Europeans (especially the English of Maryland and Virginia) and Native Americans of the Chesapeake region in the decade immediately preceding the settlement of the Maryland colony at St. Mary's in 1634. He argues that the interaction between Englishmen and Native Americans provided the basis for tobacco cultivation and the beaver fur trade. Both paved the way for successful adaption of the early English settlers to new American conditions.

136)
Fausz, J. Frederick. Monument School of the People: A Sesquicentennial History of St. Mary's College of Maryland, 1840-1990. St. Mary's City, Md.: the College, 1990.

137)
Fenwick, Charles E. "The Whiskey Ferry: Shedding Light on a Shady Subject." Chronicles of St. Mary's 45 (Winter 1997): 263-64.

138)
Fenwick, Charles E., Sr. "A List of Alienations and Transfers in St. Mary's County from the Sixth day of June 1786 to Seventh day of March 1829." Chronicles of St. Mary's, 26 (February 1978): 425-26; (November 1978): 437-438; (December 1978): 446.

139)
Fenwick, Charles E., Sr. "A List of Alienations and Transfers in St. Mary's County from the Sixth Day of June 1786 to the Seventh Day of March 1829." Chronicles of St. Mary's, 27 (January 1979): 5-8; (February 1979): 12-16; (March 1979): 19-24; (April 1979): 35-36; (July 1979): 72-76; (August 1979): 88; (October 1979): 111; (November 1979): 118-20.

140)
Fenwick, Charles E., Sr. "A List of Alienations and Transfers in St. Mary's County from the Sixth day of June 1786 to the Seventh day of March 1829." Chronicles of St. Mary's , 28 (January 1980): 138-40; (February 1980): 150-52; (April 1980): 176; (Mary 1980): 187-88; (June 1980): 196; (August 1980): 221-24; (November 1980): 268.