Search Results

Please note: This bibliography does not contain links to electronic articles hosted by the University of Maryland Libraries, although some may be available online. Not all titles are available in print at the University of Maryland Libraries. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives for assistance in obtaining copies of any of the articles cited in this bibliography.

Your search in the category "Geography and Cartography" returned 319 results in 16 pages.

Showing results 161 through 180.

High, Mike. The C&O Canal Companion. updated edition. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press, 2001.

Himmelheber, Peter. "A Ramble Down Ramble: The Road from St. Joseph Chapel to St. Aloysius Chapel." Chronicles of St. Mary's 47 (Spring 1999): 354-59.
Annotations / Notes: A study of the land patents along a road which once ran between two religious congregations.

Himmelheber, Peter. "A Search for Radnor." Chronicles of St.Mary's, 45 (Fall 1997): 225-41.

Himmelheber, Peter. "America Felix Secundus (The Second Lucky America)." Chronicles of St. Mary's, 46 (Fall 1998): 313-16.

Himmelheber, Peter. "St. George's Island Revisited." Chronicles of St. Mary's 46 (Winter 1998): 332-37.

Himmelheber, Peter. "The Resurrection Manner of Resurrection Manor." Chronicles of St. Mary's, 46 (Spring 1998): 275-80.

Himmelheber, Peter. “A History of Webster Field, An Addendum Thereto.” Chronicles of St. Mary’s, (Winter 2014): 3-4.

Himmelheber, Peter. “From St. Anne’s Manor to Steer Horn Neck via ye half pone.” Chronicles of St. Mary’s, 54 (Winter 2007): 368-82.

Himmelheber, Peter. “From the Old Line State to the Sunshine State: Polkerton’s Venture 1759 to 2003.” Chronicles of St. Mary’s, 51 (Fall 2003): 75-78.

Himmelheber, Peter. “Maps of the Lower Patuxent, War of 1812.” Chronicles of St. Mary’s, (Spring 2014): 25-28.

Himmelheber, Peter. “Prattlewell.” Chronicles of St. Mary’s, (Winter 2014): 5-9.

Himmelheber, Peter. “Wickliff’s Creek Revisited, June 28, 1999.” Chronicles of St. Mary’s, 54 (Fall 2007): 450-55.

Hoffman, Charles W. "The Indian Names of Frederick County." Historical Society of Frederick County, Inc., Newsletter (May 1991): 2.

Hoffman, W.C., Dr. "The Origin for the Name for Frederick County." Historical Society of Frederick County Journal 1 (Spring 1990): 25-27.

Hollowak, Thomas L., comp. "Maryland Maps in the Peabody Collection." Maryland Historical Magazine 87 (Spring 1992): 72-87.

Horner, T. Aaron. "Preserving the Eastern 'Stones'." Shoreline, 13 (September 2006): 32-33.

Horner, T. Aaron. "The Chesapeake Name Game." Shoreline, 10 (September 2003): 23.

Horsey, Eleanor F. Origins of Caroline County from Land Plats. vol. 1. Denton: n.p., 1974.

Hughes, Elizabeth. "A Profile of Chaptico in 1821: The Partition of Philip Key's Real Estate." Chronicles of St. Mary's 43 (Fall 1995): 49-62.
Annotations / Notes: A history of this commercial community as interpreted by the 1821 survey and plat developed for the division of Key's estate.

Ives, Sallie Middleton. "A Symbolic Interaction Approach to the Place Meanings in a Historic District: A Case Study of Annapolis, Maryland." Ph.D., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1977.