Search Results

Please note: These search results do not contain links to electronic articles hosted by the University of Maryland Libraries, although some may be available online. Please contact the University of Maryland Libraries for assistance in obtaining copies of any of the articles cited in this bibliography.

Your search in the category "Frederick County" returned 347 results in 18 pages.

Showing results 221 through 240.

221)
Lanmon, Dwight P. and Palmer, Arlene M. "John Frederick Amelung and the New Bremen Glassmanufactory." Journal of Glass Studies, 18 (1976): 13-136.

222)
Larsen, Hal. "35 Years Ago!" Maryland Cracker Barrel 18 (April 1989): 18-19.
Annotations / Notes: Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas on C&O Canal hike.

223)
Lebherz, Ann and Mary Margrabe. Pre-1800 Houses of Frederick County, Volume I: Ballenger to Frederick. [Frederick, MD]: A. Lebherz, 1997.

224)
Lebherz, Ann and Mary Margrabe. Pre-1800 Houses of Frederick County, Volume II. Frederick, MD: Frederick County Historical Society, 1999.

225)
Lebherz, Ann. "Elihu Hall Rockwell Left His Name in Frederick." Historical Society of Frederick County, Inc., Newsletter (September 1991): 3-4.

226)
Lebherz, Richard. The Green Oasis: A History of Baker Park, 1928-2003. Frederick, MD: This Green Oasis, 2003.

227)
Lebherz, Richard. Windows on Frederick.Frederick, MD: Diversions Publications, 2001.

228)
Leepson, Marc. Desperate Engagement. New York: Thomas Dunne Books/St. Martin’s Press, 2007.

229)
Leepson, Marc. “The ‘Great Rebel Raid’.” Civil War Times, 46 (August 2007): 22-29.

230)
Lesure, Nancy Pearre. “Professor Amon Burgee and the Boys’ High School.” Journal of the Historical Society of Frederick County, Maryland, (Fall 2006): 4-17.

231)
Levin, Alexandra Lee. "Letters to and from Frederick, Maryland (1833-1848)." Maryland Historical Magazine 80 (Summer 1985): 167-174.

232)
Long, Helen R. Index for the Frederick County Section of Scharf's History of Western Maryland, Volume 1. Manhattan, KS: ADR, 1986.

234)
Loux, Jennifer R. “The Edge of the South: Slavery and Regional Identity in Frederick County, Maryland, 1848-1865.” Ph.D. diss., Johns Hopkins University, 2005.

235)
Love, Richard. "Brunswick's 'Blessed Curse': Surviving an Industrial Legacy." Maryland Historical Magazine 88 (Summer 1993): 133-49.
Annotations / Notes: Brunswick was a community tied together and given its identify by the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad. When the railroad left in the late twentieth century the town lost its identify and underwent a drastic change. It experienced a period of crisis where the whole concept of community was called into question.

236)
Lovelace, David S. “John Brown’s Raid, Edward Shriver, and the Frederick Militia.” Catoctin History, 11 (2009): 34-37.

237)
Mannix, Mary. “A History of the C. Burr Artz Library.” Historical Society of Frederick County Journal, (Fall 2012): 34-45.

238)
Marhoefer, Barbara. “Far From Home: Four Tyaskin Children Attend Maryland School for the Deaf in Frederick.” Shoreline, 18 (June 2011): 28-31.

239)
Marshall, Ann Hall. "Apple Dumplings with a History." Maryland, 8 (Autumn) 1975): 6-8. [Visitation Academy in Frederick]

240)
McKnight, Justine W. “Analysis of Flotation-recovered Archeobotanical Remains from the Claggett Retreat Site (18FR25), Frederick County, Maryland.” Maryland Archeology, 46 (March-September 2010): 38-46.