Search Results

Please note: These search results do not contain links to electronic articles hosted by the University of Maryland Libraries, although some may be available online. Please contact the University of Maryland Libraries for assistance in obtaining copies of any of the articles cited in this bibliography.

Your search in the category "Architecture, Historic Preservation, and Town Planning" returned 1240 results in 62 pages.

Showing results 221 through 240.

“Vanishing Landmarks.” Chronicles of St.Mary’s, 50 (Summer 2002): 203.

“Witness to Slaughter.” Civil War Times, 50 (December 2011): 62-65.

“Wright Shares Oral History Covering 20 Years of County Preservation.” The Preservationist, 12 (Winter 2008): 1, 3.

Richardson, Claire A. “Cloud Capped (Baltimore National Cemetery).” History Trails of Baltimore County, 42 (Autumn 2010): 1-12.

Rowhouse Exhibit label copy, Peale Museum.
Annotations / Notes: In 1981, Baltimore's municipal museum reopened after a major renovation, with this "permanent" exhibit, one of its finest, created, among others, by assistant museum director Barry Dressel and Mary Ellen Hayward, co-author, with Charles Belfoure, of The Baltimore Rowhouse. The label copy is all that remains of this superb local exhibit, which was later de-mounted. The museum itself, housed in the oldest museum building in the United States, closed permanently in 1997. Its collections are now housed at the Maryland Historical Society.

Abbe, Leslie Morgan. "The Talbott House and Its People." Montgomery County Story 20 (February 1977): 2-8.

Ackerman, Stephen. “Presidential Hideaway.” Preservation, 58 (January-February 2006): 58-59.

Acton, Lucy. "Bowling Brook Getting a New Lease on Life." Maryland Horse 57 (October 1991): 42-45.

Acton, Lucy. "The Museum of the Iron Horse." Baltimore 67 (May 1974): 38ff.

Adams, Charles S. Roadside Markers in Maryland. Shepherdstown, WV: Published by the author, 1997.

Adams, Eric. "Discord in Charm City." Historic Preservation 48 (March/April 1996): 22-23.

Adams, Rachel. “It’s Easy Being Green.” Maryland Life, 4 (March/April 2008): 32.

Agonito, Joseph. "Inigoes Manor: A Nineteenth Century Jesuit Plantation." Maryland Historical Magazine, 72 (Spring 1977): 83-98.

Alexander, Robert L. "Architecture and Aristocracy: The Cosmopolitan Style of Latrobe and Godefroy." Maryland Historical Magazine 56 (1961): 229-43.

Alexander, Robert L. "Baltimore Row Houses of the Early Nineteenth Century." American Studies 16 (Fall 1975): 65-76.

Alexander, Robert L. "Neoclassical Maryland Architecture." Maryland Humanities (June 1993): 4-5.

Alexander, Robert L. "Neoclassical Wrought Iron in Baltimore." Winterthur Portfolio 18 (Summer/Autumn 1983): 147-186.

Alexander, Robert L. "Nicholas Rogers, Gentleman-Architect of Baltimore." Maryland Historical Magazine 78 (Summer 1983): 85 - 105.

Alexander, Robert L. "The Public Memorial and Godefroy's Battle Monument." Journal of the Society of Architectural Historians 18 (March 1958): 19-24.