Search Results

Please note: These search results do not contain links to electronic articles hosted by the University of Maryland Libraries, although some may be available online. Please contact the University of Maryland Libraries for assistance in obtaining copies of any of the articles cited in this bibliography.

Your search in the category "Frederick County" returned 358 results in 18 pages.

Showing results 241 through 260.

242)
Loux, Jennifer R. “The Edge of the South: Slavery and Regional Identity in Frederick County, Maryland, 1848-1865.” Ph.D. diss., Johns Hopkins University, 2005.

243)
Love, Richard. "Brunswick's 'Blessed Curse': Surviving an Industrial Legacy." Maryland Historical Magazine 88 (Summer 1993): 133-49.
Annotations / Notes: Brunswick was a community tied together and given its identify by the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad. When the railroad left in the late twentieth century the town lost its identify and underwent a drastic change. It experienced a period of crisis where the whole concept of community was called into question.

244)
Lovelace, David S. “John Brown’s Raid, Edward Shriver, and the Frederick Militia.” Catoctin History, 11 (2009): 34-37.

245)
Main, Bryan. Index for the 1873 Atlas of Frederick County, Maryland. Frederick, MD: The Author, 2013.

246)
Mannix, Mary. “A History of the C. Burr Artz Library.” Historical Society of Frederick County Journal, (Fall 2012): 34-45.

247)
Marhoefer, Barbara. “Far From Home: Four Tyaskin Children Attend Maryland School for the Deaf in Frederick.” Shoreline, 18 (June 2011): 28-31.

248)
Marshall, Ann Hall. "Apple Dumplings with a History." Maryland, 8 (Autumn) 1975): 6-8. [Visitation Academy in Frederick]

249)
McKnight, Justine W. “Analysis of Flotation-recovered Archeobotanical Remains from the Claggett Retreat Site (18FR25), Frederick County, Maryland.” Maryland Archeology, 46 (March-September 2010): 38-46.

250)
McNeil, Betty Ann, D.C., ed. "The Journal of Mother Rose White: The Earliest History of the Sisters of Charity of Saint Joseph's Emmitsburg, Maryland." Vincentian Heritage 18 (1997): 19-56.

251)
McWilliams, Rita. "Great Elevations." Mid-Atlantic Country 13 (January 1992): 54-58, 63.
Annotations / Notes: A tourism piece, but one which offers good basic information on a number of western Maryland's geological landmarks -- Crystal Grottoes Caverns, Sideling Hill Road Cut, and The Devil's Racecourse.

252)
Michael, Peter H. “Flight to Freedom: A Legendary Underground Railroad Escape Touches Frederick County.” Journal of the Historical Society of Frederick County, Maryland, (Fall 2011): 4-27.

253)
Miller, Edith. "Maryland Marriage Licenses, 1778-1800." Maryland Genealogical Society Bulletin, 19 (Summer 1978): 190-201.
Annotations / Notes: Frederick County.

254)
Milne, Kristin. "Steps in Time: Walking Frederick's Historic Court Square." Frederick Magazine (April 1990): 22-9.

255)
Moore, Elizabeth A. "Bone and Antler Tools and Decorative Objects from the Rosenstock Site (18FR18)." Maryland Archeology, 30 (March 1994): 17-28.

256)
Moore, Elizabeth A. “Faunal Remains from the Claggett Retreat Site (18FR25).” Maryland Archeology, 46 (March-September 2010): 47-59.

257)
Moore, L. Tilden, transcriber. The Valley Register of Middletown, Maryland, 1861-1862. Baltimore, Md., Historyk Press, [2008].

258)
Moyer, Teresa S. “First Flight to Frederick: Uncle Sam’s Birdmen at Camp Ordway.” Catoctin History, 5 (Spring/Summer 2005): 8-17.

259)
Mroszczyk, Lisa. “Bank Barns of Frederick County.” Catoctin History, 10 (Spring/Summer 2008): 9-11.

260)
Mullins, Caitlin. “The Correct Silhouette: 19th century hoop skirts from the Historical Society of Frederick County collection.” Journal of the Historical Society of Frederick County, Maryland, (Fall 2010): 34-44.