Employment at the Engineering and Physical Sciences Library
EPSL is looking for an Agricultural and Natural Resources Librarian. See the job posting and apply online. Other jobs at the Libraries posted at www.lib.umd.edu/hr/employment-opportunities/home or the University page (updated weekly) at https://ejobs.umd.edu/.
Periodically EPSL needs to hire student assistants, primarily to work in the Circulation Office. Employment applications are available online. You can chose EPSL on the form as the library where you prefer to work. Student Assistants at EPSL are given flexible schedules with evening and weekend hours available.
Applications are accepted throughout the year. Anyone looking for a position should apply each semester. Priority is given to Federal Work Study Students. No resumes are accepted.
Student Assistant Job Description
Under direct supervision, performs routine repetitive clerical and/or non-complex library duties using manual and automated library systems.
- Charges and discharges circulating library materials on automated systems; secures materials with sensitizing equipment.
- Answers inquiries regarding basic circulation policies such as loan periods, fines, recalls, claims, holds, shelving and borrowing.
- Sorts and shelves materials; shelf-reads and maintains stacks.
- Searches and retrieves materials from library stacks.
- Searches manual and automated files to verify holdings or bibliographic information.
- Provides library users with information and directional assistance in retrieving material from library stacks.
- Verifies shipment contents; checks in library materials. Prepares shipments of material going out.
- Other duties as assigned.
No experience is required. The applicant must be a current student in good standing.