- The Engineering and Physical Sciences Library offers tours of the library by
appointment only with a minimum of 48 hours notice. Please fill out this
request form to schedule a tour. For more
- In order to use the public work stations, users need to log in using their
university ID and password or a guest account number. The unified desktop allows
users to access the internet and Library pages, along with all
through the Division of Information
Technology, such as MATLAB, minitab, etc. without needing to find a computer
lab. Guest accounts can be requested from the Circulation/Information desk by
showing a photo ID. All guest accounts allow users access for 7 consecutive
days, at which point a new guest account will need to be created. USMAI
affiliates (UMUC, UMBC students, etc.) are eligible to use Eduroam Wireless. For
more information, check the
Wireless web site.
- Librarians at the EPSL offer instruction throughout the semester on a wide
variety of engineering resource topics. Instruction can include access to
electronic journals, databases, library catalogs, and e-books, as well as,
research support. Instruction can be tailored for specific classes, assignments
and research groups. Please fill out this
instruction request form to
schedule a librarian.
- EPSL librarians offer individual/group research assistance by appointment.
Fill out this request form to
schedule a meeting with a librarian.
Course Related Guides
- A course guide is a customized web page directing students to the best
research resources for their class assignments. Instructors are encouraged to
link to Course Related
Guides from their class websites. To limit to course related guides, click
"Course Related Guides" under the "Browse by Group" section. If you wish to have
a guide created for your course, please fill out the
instruction request form.
E-Books and Databases
- The EPSL has access to many e-books concerning topics relating to science.
For more information, visit this
guide about e-books at the
University of Maryland.
- The University of Maryland has access to a wide variety of online journals
and databases. Visit our collections page to view
the journals and databases we have access to.
- EPSL has a Makerbot Replicator 2 3D printer, which can print single color
objects. We also have a Makerbot Replicator 2X, which can print two colors. The
cost to 3D print is $0.20/gram and requests for 3D printing are done on a
first-come, first-serve basis.
- To request a 3D print job, use the
3D Print Request Form. If you have any questions, ask at the information
desk or call