GIS at UMD Libraries
U.S. Government Information Maps & GIS Services provides access to two Geographic Information System (GIS) workstations with ArcGIS 10 software and a collection of digital spatial data. The workstations are located in the computer lab on the 4th floor of McKeldin Library and are available for use during the library's normal operating hours. For more information about the data collection see:
- The Libraries offer in-person GIS workshops during the semester. These workshops are open to anyone, but priority registration is given to University of Maryland faculty, staff, and students. GIS Workshops for Spring 2013 have finished; check back in August for Fall 2013!
- Spatial Analysis Slides
- Spatial Analysis Workbook
- Optimal Location Case Study
- Spatial Analysis Survey/Assessment
ESRI Virtual Campus GIS Classes
UMD students, faculty and staff have access to free online courses provided by ESRI. These cover a wide range of GIS topics and skills. To sign up for a class, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the course or courses you are interested in to obtain registration codes.
UMD GIS Users Listserv
Want to know what's happening with GIS users on campus? You can sign up for the umd-gis listserv.
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com
- In the email body, type: subscribe umd-gis "name-of-subscriber"
- Leave the Subject line blank