GIS at UMD Libraries
Arc GIS 10.1 software is installed on all public computer workstations in the University Libraries. For more information about finding geospatial data in our collections or online, see:
- The Libraries frequently offer in-person GIS workshops during the semester. These workshops are open to anyone, but priority registration is given to University of Maryland faculty, staff, and students. Click the link below to register for the Fall Workshops.
- Spatial Analysis Slides
- Spatial Analysis Workbook
- Optimal Location Case Study
- Spatial Analysis Survey/Assessment
ESRI Virtual Campus GIS Classes
UMD students, faculty and staff have access to free online courses provided by ESRI. These cover a wide range of GIS topics and skills. To sign up for a class, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the course or courses you are interested in to obtain registration codes.
UMD GIS Users Listserv
Want to know what's happening with GIS users on campus? You can sign up for the umd-gis listserv.
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com
- In the email body, type: subscribe umd-gis "name-of-subscriber"
- Leave the Subject line blank