Applications must include all of the following:
- Application form. Applications can be loaded via the Digital Repository at the University of Maryland (DRUM) web site. Once you get to the DRUM page, login using your directory ID and password by clicking the link on the left pane as shown on the picture here.
- Letter of support from the University of Maryland – College Park sponsoring professor or librarian.
- Reflective essay (750-1,000 words) describing applicant’s research strategies and use of library tools and information resources.
- A final version of the research paper/project. Projects in all media are encouraged. All materials will not be returned to the applicant and will become property of the University of Maryland Libraries collections. The applicant will retain ownership of the intellectual content. However, for some projects in alternative media, the judging panel may agree to return the project to the applicant.
* Written projects: The length of the paper may vary depending on the assignment.
* Digital projects: If web-based, include a URL of the digital project in your Application form (next to the Title of the research/project) along with the other application components. If the project is in a format that cannot be submitted electronically, such as an architectural model, CD or DVD, deliver it by the due date in person to Nedelina Tchangalova, Engineering and Physical Sciences Library (EPSL), Mathematics Building.
All necessary documents must be in .pdf format. Save your files using your last name and the name of the document:
Upload your documents via the DRUM web site at http://hdl.handle.net/1903/11324 . On the upper right corner, click Login and enter your UMD Directory ID and password.
If you have any questions, contact the review committee at firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line should begin with Library Award).
You will receive a confirmation e-mail after you complete your application process. To be considered for the award, applications must be received by noon on February 15th each year. Late applications will not be considered.