To be eligible, individual applicants must:
- Be a currently enrolled University of Maryland College Park undergraduate at any class level, and in any discipline (e.g. arts, humanities, social sciences, sciences and engineering).
- Have completed their research paper/project for a credit course or under the direction of a professor or a librarian at the University of Maryland College Park during the past calendar year (e.g. January to December 2015).
- Agree to attend Undergraduate Research Day on the last Wednesday of April each year, if you are winning awardee.
- Agree to submit their research paper/project to the Digital Repository at the University of Maryland (DRUM).
- Have their research papers/projects and essay written in English. For papers written in a foreign language, follow the guidelines in FAQ section, item #6.
- Agree to have application used as data in a study on trends of undergraduate information seeking and use.