UMD Wind Ensemble and the United State Air Force Band
Mon, Mar 4, 2013
Dekelboum Concert Hall
The United States Air Force Band joins the UMD Wind Ensemble for an evening of old favorites and new band repertoire.
The U.S. Air Force Band honors those who have served, inspires American citizens to heightened patriotism and service, and positively impacts the global community on behalf of the U.S. Air Force and the United States of America.
Conducted by UMD's L. Richmond Sparks and Colonel Larry H. Lang of the United States Air Force Band, the two ensembles will join forces t perform a robust and spectacular finale to the program.Learn more about the pieces featured on this program and their composers through recordings, scores, film, commentary, and biographies in the Michelle Smith Performing Arts Library:
UMD Wind Ensemble
- Percy Aldridge Grainger - “The Duke of Marlborough” Fanfare
- Paul Creston - Celebration Overture, op. 61
- Gustav Holst - A Somerset Fantasy, trans. Grundman
- Charles Ives - Country Band March, arr. Sinclair
- Serge Prokofiev - March, op. 99
The United States Air Force Band
- SMSgt Robert Thurston - Time Travels
Chaminade - Flute Concertino in D Major
featuring Miss Leah Bandman, USAF Band Young Artist Competition winner
- Joel Puckett - Asimov’s Aviary
- Claudio Grafulla - Washington Grays March
Holst - Hammersmith, Prelude and
including the section leaders from the UMD Ensemble
UMD Wind Ensemble and USAF Band
Streaming audio: hear a clip of the United States Air Force Band performing Michael A. Mogensen's Aerial Fantasy
Explore recordings by the USAF Band held in the collections of MSPAL!