up with all the news at the
Michelle Smith Performing Arts Library and stay current on upcoming events, new resources, and updated policies.
Highlights of the first Fall 2014 issue of the MSPAL Newsletter include:
- Equipment loan: borrow laptops, chargers, and accessories for Macs and PCs from MSPAL!
- All the information you need to navigate the MSPAL-related NextNOW Fest events
- Streaming music now available through WorldCat UMD
- New databases: Rock's Backpages and arts funding through Foundation Directory Online
- Aeon, the new special collections interface for SCPA
- D.C. Punk and Indie Fanzine Collection
Highlights of the second Spring 2014 issue of the MSPAL Newsletter include:
- "Idea Guy" Feedback: MSPAL Interim Head and Music Librarian Steve Henry responds to your suggestions for how we can improve your Performing Arts Library.
- Meet the Librarians: Reference and circulating collections supervisors, Mary Scott and Bruce Tennant are here to help you with all of your library needs!
- UBorrow: UMD students, faculty, and staff now have access to resources from 16 research libraries, including the Big 10 universities, the University of Chicago, and the Center for Research Libraries (CRL). UBorrow is a new way to borrow print books and musical scores that are not held in the UMD collections. Get it fast and keep it for up to 4 months - find out more in this issue of MSPAL's newsletter!
- Interested in eBooks? Get quick and easy access to what you need through the UMD Libraries.
Highlights of the first Spring 2014 issue of the MSPAL Newsletter include:
- A call for patron feedback - what changes or updates are you interested in seeing at MSPAL?
- Speaking of Books: Don't miss a conversation with Dr. Laurie Frederik Meer of TDPS about her book Trumpets in the Mountains: Theatre and the Politics of National Culture in Cuba, coming to the UMD libraries in March
- Descriptions of new databases available on a trial basis through MSPAL, including Met Opera on Demand, Rock's Backpages, an all-new Alexander Street Press drama package, including Asian American Drama, Black Drama, Latino Literature, North American Indian Drama, and more
- New items and highlights of the collection
- A refresher for Canvas, UMD’s online learning management system, and information for faculty on adding library materials to online course reserves
Highlights of the Fall 2013 issue of the MSPAL Newsletter include:
- An introduction to Canvas, UMD’s new online learning management system (adopted to replace Blackboard) and information for faculty on adding library materials to online course reserves
- New databases available through PAL
- Scavenger hunts sponsored by the Clarice Smith Center and the UMD Libraries
- Improved access to MSPAL’s circulating DVD and CD collections
- The UMD Libraries’ book paging program: get books from other campus libraries delivered directly to you at the Performing Arts Library