Adding Library Video Reserves (ShareStream) to ELMS (Canvas)
To Add LibraryVideo Reserves (ShareStream) to ELMS (Canvas):
1. Create a new module -
- Log into Canvas
- Hover the mouse over the "Courses" tab and select your course from the drop down menu
- Select the "Modules" tab on the left navigation menu
- Click on the "+Add a New Module" button on the right navigation menu
- (alternatively, if you would like to add Sharestream to an existing module skip to step 2.)
- Enter "Online Video Reserves" as the name of the module, and select "Add Module" button
2. Add "ShareStream" to the "Online Video Reserves" module -
- Click the "+Add item to module" button at the bottom of the newly created "Online Video Reserves" module
- Select "External Tool" from the drop down box in the in the pop up that appears
- The pop up will then provide a list of items. Select "Library Video Reserves" from the list, and then "Add item". You may have to select and drag the pop up to find "Library Video Reserves" in the list.
- Now Sharestream has been activated for your class, and should be accessible under "modules". You can request items to be reserved and uploaded to your course by filling out and submitting the Course Reserves Media Request Form.