National Association of Collegiate Wind & Percussion Instructors Research Center
The score collection of the National Association of College Wind and Percussion Instructors Research Center at the Michelle Smith Performing Arts Library of the University of Maryland contains over 4,400 scores. This collection of solo and ensemble music for wind and percussion instruments consists of gifts from Dr. Geary Larrick, David Hite, various publishing companies, and NACWPI itself in the form of composition contest scores.
Borrowing NACWPI Research Center Scores
Who may borrow scores: Only individual members of the National Association of Collegiate Wind & Percussion Instructors (Join NACWPI!) and individual students, faculty and staff at the University System of Maryland may borrow from the NACWPI Research Center Score Collection. NACWPI Research Center scores cannot be lent to libraries or other institutions.
How to order scores: Requests for scores must be made either in person after making an appointment or by mail. Print and use the form: Request to Borrow Scores, if you wish.
NOTE: Be sure to include alternate requests with each order so that you get your full money's worth. We cannot guarantee that every score that you request is available.
Lending Policies and Fees
- Two months is the maximum time for materials to be on loan. Prompt return of the music is expected so that all borrowers have an equal opportunity.
- No more than 15 items may be borrowed at one time by one person.
- Because several items are needed in order to process requests, all requests for scores must be made in person or by mail. If you intend to come in person, please make an appointment beforehand by calling 301.314.7614 so that scores can be retrieved and prepared for borrowing ahead of time.
- Each request for scores must include:
- the inventory number, composer and title for each score requested,
- a photocopy of the borrower's current NACWPI membership card or current registration card or faculty/staff ID card from the University of Maryland,
- a check or money order made payable to the University of Maryland Foundation, Inc. (See item 5 below)
- your shipping address, if ordering by mail.
- Payment for shipping and handling costs must accompany requests for mailed materials according to the following schedule:
For addresses in the United States: 1-5 items $7.00; 6-10 items $8.00; 11-15 items $9.00.
For addresses outside the United States: 1-5 items $14.00, 6-10 items, $16.00, 11-15 items, $18.00.
- When music is returned to the NACWPI Research Center by mail, the package must be insured adequately and shipped in a secure and sturdy padded package.
- If you return scores in person, please call 301.314.7614 ahead of time to ensure that someone will be available to process the return.
- A charge of at least $25.00 will be assessed in the case of defaced or lost scores.
Mail requests and returns to:
NACWPI Research Center
Michelle Smith Performing Arts Library/SCPA
University of Maryland
2511 Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center
College Park MD 20742-1630