Transfer of Documents Forms
Please note: This page is intended for established SCPA archives only. For information on donating other materials, or for questions about donating to the archives listed here, please contact the curator.
Guidelines for Transferring Materials to the Archives
Special Collections in Performing Arts (SCPA) welcomes regular transfers of documents to the archives of your organization. SCPA will keep two copies of any of the following:
- Papers: Letters, memos, notes, manuscripts, diaries, journals, lectures, speeches, class books, day books, reports, minutes, proceedings, agendas, rosters, legal documents, certificates, summaries, surveys, financial statements, committee files, etc.
- Scores: New works the organization commissioned, or works that are central to understanding and applying theories and techniques relevant to the organization.
- Recordings: Audio documentation of performances at conferences, of new works commissioned by the organization, or of performances that best depict the field's theories and techniques.
- Periodicals: We aim to have every issue of magazine, journal, newsletter, and house organ printed.
- Books: Any volumes on the history of the organization, biographies of key members or practitioners, reference works in support of researching the organization or its field, or method books relevant to the field.
- Photographs: Organizational history, activities, personalities, etc.
- Interviews: Recorded interviews related to organizational history and people.
- Scrapbooks: Clippings, programs, photos, subjects, etc.
- Biographical Information: We file biographical information on individuals of note.
- 20th/21st Century Consort
- American Bandmasters Association
- American Composers Alliance (ACA)
- American College Dance Festival Association (ACDFA)
- American Handel Society (AHS)
- American Musical Instrument Society (AMIS)
- American Musicological Society (AMS)
- Association for Recorded Sound Collections (ARSC)
- American String Teachers Assocation (ASTA) with the National School Orchestra Association (NSOA)
- American Society of Theatre Research (ASTR)
- Atlantic Chapter of Music Library Association (ATMLA)
- College Band Directors National Association (CBDNA)
- College Music Society (CMS)
- Concert Society at Maryland (CSM)
- Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center
- International Association of Music Libraries and Documentation Center (IAML)
- International Clarinet Association (ICA)
- International Society for Music Education (ISME)
- International Tuba Euphonium Association (ITEA)
- Kodaly Center of America Inc./Kodaly Musical Training Institute
- Music Library Association
- Maryland Music Educators Association
- Midwest Clinic
- Music OCLC Users Group
- National Association of College Wind and Percussion Instructors (NACWPI)
- National Association for Music Education (NAfME) [formerly Music Educators National Conference (MENC)]
- National Association of Teachers of Singing
- Organization of American Kodaly Educators
- Society for Ethnomusicology
- Society for Music Theory
- Viola da Gamba Society of America
- Virginia Music Educators Association