The Public Services Division (PSD) supports the education, research, and scholarship of the University's students, faculty, and staff. These users are central to the work of PSD. To the extent possible, PSD serves the residents of Maryland and the larger community. Because of its direct relationship to library users, PSD takes special responsibility to understand the needs of the library user and to ensure that these needs remain central to goals, mission, and operations of the Libraries.
PSD supports the educational and research mission of the University by advising and directing users in the best use of information resources. PSD provides and promotes quality reference, instruction, collection building, collection management, and access services.
- provides quick and convenient access to scholarly information
- delivers excellent in person and virtual library reference and research assistance tailored to individual user's needs
- delivers excellent in person and virtual library instruction
- builds and maintains library collections aligned with current and future users' research and teaching priorities
- leads processes for selecting and deploying information technologies that support library users
- designs welcoming physical spaces and facilities to support top quality teaching, research, and scholarship
- recruits, trains, and retains a diverse, forward thinking and technologically skilled staff of librarians, library technicians and student workers
View the PSD Strategic Plan for 2015-2018.