The Curators of Special Collections welcome donations related to our current holdings.For more information on how to donate to our collections, or if you are interested in providing financial support to the University of Maryland Libraries, please contact our curators.
Keep The Vision Alive...
You can help to preserve the irreplaceable records of the Libraries' Special Collections.
These unique collections are not only highly regarded and used extensively by the University of Maryland community, but have earned a reputation that attracts scholars and researchers from across the nation and around the world.
Do you have a treasure for the Special Collections?
Special Collections is actively seeking papers, photographs, publications, audiovisual materials, and memorabilia that will enhance our holdings.
Your donation helps Special Collections continue to provide access to these important materials, arrange for critical preservation projects, and build the collections in meaningful ways.
- A gift of $200 can preserve a single photograph.
- A gift of $1,000 can preserve five hours of film or videotape.
- An endowment of $150,000 could support stipends for scholars to come to the Libraries to conduct research in our collections.
- An endowment of $350,000 could support dedicated graduate assistants to assist with the heavy reference demands and the processing and preserving of materials.
To make an online donation, complete the online form. Use the search box select your desired fund.
- UMD Libraries Special Collections Gift Fund, #21-22039
For more information about giving options or gift recognition opportunities, please contact us.Thank you for helping to preserve history!