Teaching & Learning Instruction Policies
Types of Instruction
English 101: One or two, 50 to 75 minute
sessions focused on the development of research question and information
literacy skills. The second session can be offered at any point in the semester,
but pairs well with the Argument of Inquiry or Digital Forum assignments.
University 100: An
scavenger hunt designed to orient new students to library resources.
- Request at least two weeks in advance to allow sufficient
preparation time for library instructors.
- Sessions are first come, first served. Please schedule
early to ensure the time slot that best fits your students’ needs.
- Sessions are not typically scheduled during the first two weeks, or
last week, of the semester. If you have a special circumstance that may
require instruction during these periods, please contact Teaching and Learning
Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students should come prepared with ideas for possible
topics. Please schedule instruction at a point in the semester when
students are aware of the assignment requirements and have had time to consider
what their research focus might be.
- Instructors must attend the session with their students.
Please request sessions for dates when you will be able to accompany students to
- We encourage instructors to be active during the library
session. In addition to providing valuable insight, your presence
encourages students to be engaged in the instruction experience.
- Provide a copy of your syllabus and/or assignment when requesting
instruction. This information will help your library instructor to
select the most appropriate resources and activities for your students.
- Please share library instructor’s contact information with your
students. We make an effort to pair faculty member with library
instructors as early as possible. Librarians are available to assist students
throughout the semester, at any point in their research process. Please share
our contact information and encourage your students to get in touch with any
Request instruction by completing the
Request Form and consenting to the Teaching and Learning Policies above. For
sessions not-related to English 101, please contact Teaching and Learning
Services at email@example.com.