Teaching & Learning Instruction Policies
Types of Instruction
English 101: One or two, 50 to 75 minute sessions focused on the development of research question and information literacy skills. The second session can be offered at any point in the semester, but pairs well with the Argument of Inquiry or Digital Forum assignments.
University 100: An online scavenger hunt designed to orient new students to library resources.
- Request at least two weeks in advance to allow sufficient preparation time for library instructors.
- Sessions are first come, first served. Please schedule early to ensure the time slot that best fits your students’ needs.
- Sessions are not typically scheduled during the first two weeks, or last week, of the semester. If you have a special circumstance that may require instruction during these periods, please contact Teaching and Learning Services at email@example.com
- Students should come prepared with ideas for possible topics. Please schedule instruction at a point in the semester when students are aware of the assignment requirements and have had time to consider what their research focus might be.
- Instructors must attend the session with their students. Please request sessions for dates when you will be able to accompany students to the library.
- We encourage instructors to be active during the library session. In addition to providing valuable insight, your presence encourages students to be engaged in the instruction experience.
- Provide a copy of your syllabus and/or assignment when requesting instruction. This information will help your library instructor to select the most appropriate resources and activities for your students.
- Please share library instructor’s contact information with your students. We make an effort to pair faculty member with library instructors as early as possible. Librarians are available to assist students throughout the semester, at any point in their research process. Please share our contact information and encourage your students to get in touch with any questions!
Request instruction by completing the Instruction Request Form and consenting to the Teaching and Learning Policies above. For sessions not-related to English 101, please contact Teaching and Learning Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.